Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high-quality health services they need. We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last.
Options is seeking a Health Systems Lead to lead Options sub-partner role in the FCDO – Kenya Devolution Programme (KDP).The programme will aim to strengthen devolution in Kenya in accordance with the Constitution, attendant statutes and policy including strengthening the functions of county governments, improving intergovernmental relations, enhancing citizens engagement and public participation.
Options Consultancy is preparing a for a bid proposal with the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FDCO) for an opportunity based in Kenya.
The aim of this anticipated role is to strengthen the healthcare component across the programme working with county governments and the consortium partners.
Working closely with the lead organization’s Team Leader / Project Director, this role is responsible for the overall strategic leadership, managerial oversight and technical direction of Options’ role on the programme. He/she will lead a team of technical experts and administrators and will also serve as the key point of contact for Options within the consortium, supporting the lead partner’s engagement with government, FCDO, and other stakeholders. This role will report to the Country Representative – Kenya and work closely with Options management and administrative colleagues. Coordinating the inputs of a team of technical experts from Options and partners, s/he will ensure that specific outcomes and deliverables are met and that financial, operational, and reporting requirements of the donor are adhered to
To succeed in this role:
- A postgraduate qualification in public health, or related discipline.
- Extensive experience providing technical, strategic and management oversight to large donor funded health programmes and/or organizations. Specifically, expertise and experience working in Kenya’s health sector, with in-depth knowledge of health systems strengthening approaches in the context of devolution; advocacy and accountability for financial stewardship; and family planning.
- Significant experience and a track record of successful leadership and management of teams based in multiple locations. Previous experience leading a large team of highly skilled, multidisciplinary staff, linking strategically with an HQ office to leverage joint management support, and empowering team members to deliver high quality work.
- Strong external liaison and negotiation skills with experience of fostering partnerships between Government and other stakeholders, to improve health system performance, and build national and sub-national capacity. Familiarity with government practice and protocol.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
How to Apply
- To apply, please fill in the form here
- Closing date for applications is: 13 December 2020
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate)