Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates with no United Nations or UNOPS experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the UNOPS Senior Programme Manager or designated officer and within delegated authority, the incumbent will directly work with UNSOS teams and will be required to perform the following duties.
- Coordinate and lead business and scope analysis, gathering of requirements and documentation, preliminary system analysis, data cleansing and enrichment, migration, and change management initiatives;
- Manage day to day operations and additional front loading preparatory technical and business process re-engineering and integration;
- Provide technical SAP and Power BI expertise to establishing and modernizing the Mission’s Business Intelligence and analytics strategy and operating model;
- Lead the planning, execution and monitoring of Project Management activities;
- Lead the creation of technical documentation;
- Provide end user training and documentation, as required;
- Contribute to the tracking and reporting times and efforts invested on the assigned tasks;
- Work as UNOPS focal point on the ground;
- Provide advice to the Chief of Section and other stakeholders on matter related to Business Intelligence and Business Analytics;
- Provide leadership in developing, deploying, and managing mission support management’s data collection and analytics-based reporting solutions to provide actionable intelligence to mission senior management team and to mission support unit and section chiefs;
- Provide technical expertise and leadership support to the implementation of BI strategy and roadmap for implementing UNSOS analytics and business intelligence capability to include elements such as the delivery of standard and ad hoc reports, dashboards, and trending based on an increased collection and cleansing method for mission support and mandate implementation data;
- Interact with, support, and consult with all UNSOS Pillars’ Sections /Units to define key performance indicators, standard and ad-hoc reports that enable business decision;
- Build a team and support structure that will enable and expand these capabilities;
- Lead a team of BI staff in the development of recommendations based on data analysis, independent root cause analysis conducted with key stakeholders/business process owners. Produce timely and actionable information which helps drive business results and guide decision making processes. Devise and promote effective analytic models and creative data visualization to derive actionable intelligence;
- Contribute to the development of business rules, guidelines, standard operating procedures and formulate user requirements for IT systems in support of materials management and supply chain activities;
- Gather requirements from various stakeholders and process owners to define specific business requirements for the end-to-end Supply Chain performance management. Development and promulgate of Business Intelligence Guidance and Procedures and monitor compliance. Promote continuous improvement and innovation in the area of Supply Chain Performance Management;
- Assess Business Intelligence (BI) training needs; identify, design and coordinate the delivery of BI training programs to staff at all levels; and
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
You may find more information at https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=20711
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or in a field related to the post description.
- A first level university degree with 2 years of additional relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in supply chain management, logistics, procurement, engineering or operations management focusing on application of reporting, analytics or BI to managing and improving business performance.
- Within these 7 years, a minimum of 3 years of experience with SAP ECC is required; and
- Within these 7 years a minimum of 2 years of experience in delivering BI solutions with Microsoft Power BI is required.
- PRINCE 2 foundation and SCOR certification.
- Experience with SAP ERP for Supply Chain and SAP reporting.
- Experience in defining and documenting system requirements.
- Experience in multinational working environment.
- Experience with relational SQL or NoSQL databases in relation to manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience with Cloud Development Environments like Azure, AWS or Google Cloud.
- English and French are the working languages of the UN.
- For this job opening, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
How to Apply