Quality Assurance Jobs December,
Tangaza University College is moving towards becoming a full university. As befits an institution of higher learning, we are committed to academic excellence and the personal transformation of our students, both lay and religious. The following vacancy have arisen within the University College and requires to be filled:
POSITION TITLE: Quality Assurance
REPORTS TO: DVC Academic and Students Affairs
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Contract
The Quality Assurance Office focuses on the management and enhancement of the institutional quality and standards framework essential to maintaining the quality standards of Tangaza University College. The main func- tions of the QA are to support the development of University policies and procedures and to ensure that they are consistently implemented throughout the Faculties and the Administration. The QA maintains oversight of quality and standards-related activities across the institution; provides guidance on the institution’s quality assurance system and procedures, advices and supports on quality matters to senior managers, faculty, and staff.
- Coordinating and monitoring internal and external review of academic programs to enhance the quality, scholarship and intellectual contribution of the
- Establishing and updating procedures for evaluating University’s teaching and learning
- Work with divisional and school heads to mobilize and engage stakeholders in developing and maintaining quality leadership in all University programmes and activities
- Ensuring compliance with national and international accreditation agencies and regulatory bodies
- Develop and properly document clear policies, standards and procedures for Quality Assurance at the University.
- Conducting quality research to enhance intellectual contribution of the University
- Monitoring performance for programs, faculty, and staff by collecting data, analyzing and
- Identifying quality assurance related training needs in the
- Engaging in teaching and training of
- Identifying, benchmarking, and implementing of best practices in quality assurance for improved performance and
- Develop a comprehensive budget for Quality Assurance across the university and overseeing the utilization of budgetary
- Responsible for talent management including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of
- Leading and managing communication with other Institutes within the
- Managing and Implementing change initiatives to achieve desired university plans and
- Work with heads of schools and other section heads to facilitate and maximize engagement with the institutions stakeholders
- Monitor and advice management on implementation of university and education
- Develop tools, structures and procedures for quality monitoring, evaluation and reporting on all university functions and
- Carry out continuous monitoring and evaluation on the School’s compliance with all standards including CUE
- Carry out continuous quality audits and work with school and divisional head to ensure timely implementation of the audit
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing the university strategic
- Be the custodian of university quality standards
- PhD degree in the relevant area or its equivalent from a recognized academic institution. OR
- Masters degree from a recognized academic institution
- Must be registered for
- Must have at least six years of teaching or research experience at University level after obtaining a Masters degree.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Communication Skills: Communicates clearly and professionally in written and oral forms to both internal and external clients.
- Initiative and Confidence: Generates and acts on new ideas that add value to the business. Looks at different ways to solve problems and address difficulties.
- Teamwork: Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead.
- Sector Acumen: Competence in standards development and reporting.
- Competence in quality auditing and reporting. Comprehensive knowledge of CHE standards for universities.
- Good knowledge of higher education sector in Kenya and the region. Solid experience in quality management in instructions of higher learning. High level competence in report writing.
- Respect: Treats colleagues and customers in a manner which demonstrates integrity, honesty and fairness.
How to Apply
Applicants should enclose a letter of introduction, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certification certificate of good conduct and three (3) reference letters from recognized persons/institutions by 7th December 2020, indicating your daytime contacts to:
The Human Resources Manager, Tangaza University College
P.O. Box 15055-00509
Tangaza University College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or disability.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND GIVEN A COPY OF THE DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION. PLEASE INDICATE THE POSITION APPLIED AS SUBJECT OF THE EMAIL.