Senior Engineer Job, Engineering Jobs November,
SENIOR ENGINEER, (PLANT MANAGER – GARISSA) GRADE REREC 5 (1 POST)
- Implementing strategies for the Operation and Management of solar, wind and other renewable energy sources implemented and managed by REREC;
- Ensuring the management of the facilities, generation plants and networks, and installation of substations is undertaken according industry best practices;
- Implementing Directorate plans, policies, norms and procedures in accordance with the REREC Mandate;
- Implementing the Operation and Management of renewable energy projects implemented by REREC as per the strategic Plan;
- Planning and managing resource requirements for the Department and monitoring their optimal usage;
- Implementing scheduled preventive maintenance and planned maintenance for the RE generation plants and networks;
- Providing daily monitoring reports to the management;
- Providing forecasting report for operating renewable energy sources on daily, weekly and monthly;
- Providing dispatch schedule for renewable energy plants;
- Providing daily, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on renewable energy projects; and
- Liaising with other departments/sections of the Corporation on specific issues.
- A minimum of four (4) years relevant work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Civil Engineering, or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya;
- Certificate in supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download) and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 22nd December, 2020.