Senior Water Quality And Pollution Control Officer Job, Other Professions,
Position: Senior Water Quality And Pollution Control Officer – WRA SCALE 5
The Water Quality and Pollution Control function is responsible for coordinating, supervising, identifying, mapping pollution avenues, developing water quality and pollution monitoring network, supervising water quality and pollution sampling, analyzing, generating water quality and pollution data, interpreting, generating analysis certificates and data storing in the water quality and pollution control database.
The Senior Water Quality and Pollution Control Officer will report to the Assistant Technical Coordination Manager, Water Quality and Pollution Control.
- Participate in preparation of implementation reports on the decisions of the Authority on Water Quality and Pollution Control, Laboratory Services and appraises on the progress;
- Participate in the implementation of integrated Water Quality and Pollution Monitoring network in the Basins and countrywide;
- Participate in the collection of data and dissemination of information on Water Quality and Pollution Control;
- Participate in the review and implementation of the enforcement of standards, guidelines, procedures and regulations for the protection of water resources from pollution;
- Participate in preparation of reports for the technical evaluation and determination of water permit applications, apportionment and allocation of water for various uses;
- Implement initiatives on the protection and conservation on water resources from adverse effects of pollution to enhance safe freshwater availability for the flora and fauna;
- Participate in preparation of proposals for mobilizing resources for implementation of Water Quality and Pollution Control programmes;
- Review and implement control systems that promote the effective use of the Authority’s resources;
- Participate in research, remediation and innovative solutions for protection of water resources from adverse impacts;
- Support to implement adherence to Water Quality and Pollution Control QMS operational procedures;
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biological, Microbiological and Applied Sciences, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related field from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience; and
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Negotiation skills;
How to apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications to reach the address below on or before 18th December, 2020. Online applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include Curriculum Vitae that includes details of day time contact numbers, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of at least three (3) referees.
Applicants must also attach copies of certificates/testimonials as well as copy of National Identity Card.
- WRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to
- Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documents requested for will not be considered
- Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
Applications should be addressed to
The Chief Executive Officer
Water Resources Authority
NHIF Building, 9th Floor Wing B, Ragati Road
P. O. Box 45250-00100,