Assistant Splicing Technician Job, Technical Jobs December 2020,
Position: Assistant Splicing Technician
We are looking to recruit hardworking Splicing Assistants to assist in activities involving splicing fiber optic cables in both outdoor and indoor settings, read, create and maintain splicing schematics and diagrams, maintain control of outside plant activities surrounding the assigned work site(s), taking and maintaining accurate splicing and field notes and support project timelines.
• Provide ground assistance to technician to fiber splicing to construct a proper splice case, including but not limited to: grounding, bonding, isolation, slack storage and sealing.
• Assist the splicing technician in performing routine maintenance.
• Assist in record keeping of the network infrastructure.
• Liaison with the other technical departments to provide technical support and resolve issues on the network.
• Maintain site safety by eliminating hazards and or reporting any hazards prior to commencing works.
• Maintain cleanliness and safety of tools given to the team
• Any other responsibilities as may be assigned to you from time to time.
• Certificate in a Telecom, Electrical Engineering, IT or any related field
• Minimum D+ at secondary school education with a pass in Maths and English
• Technical aptitude in electrical and telecommunication infrastructure.
• Good analytical skills.
• Experience in a technical role preferred.
How to apply
Expires on December 15th, 2020