- The ACCESS Senior Programme Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the technical inputs and outputs of a Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO)-funded UK Aid Connect programme, titled Approaches in Complex and Challenging Environments for Sustainable SRHR (ACCESS). With a focus on four diverse countries (Lebanon, Mozambique, Nepal, and Uganda), the ACCESS Consortium aims to produce a set of scalable, evidence based, participatory approaches that support and engage marginalised and under-served populations in complex and challenging environments to claim and access comprehensive sexual and reproductive health (SRH) information and services.
- The critical functions of the role will be to oversee the technical strategy of the ACCESS programme, transfer technical expertise to IPPF Member Associations (MAs), ensure programming follows evidence-based practice, develop and disseminate technical tools and approaches, and coordinate consortium-wide technical contributions and inputs. This post will also lead the ACCESS Working Group on coordinating quality, comprehensive SRH service delivery components of the programme, including oversight of any Quality of Care (QoC) requirements.
- This post will work closely with ACCESS project colleagues, the Africa Region Office (ARO) Programmes team, the Capacity Sharing team, the Humanitarian team, the WISH team, and other relevant staff members to support the integration of ACCESS with IPPF’s technical priorities and alignment of technical outputs.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for the FCDO-funded ACCESS programme, including knowledge of comprehensive SRHR, humanitarian development nexus, and needs of marginalized and underserved groups.
- Ensure the programme follows best in practice standards as per WHO, IAWG-RH, UNFPA guidance.
- Ensure enough resources and technical expertise is provided to help implementation of the programme.
- Take a leadership role in various working groups as defined through the development of the programme.
- Design SRH training that are appropriate to cultural contexts and level of participants.
- Develop and disseminate innovations, tools and approaches for delivering quality SRH services.
- Ensure that a culture of client-focused, rights based continual quality improvement is embedded across the programme.
- Oversee and take part in the implementation of QoC and resilience capacity building support to IPPF MAs and other local organisations.
- Advise the IPPF ARO Programme Head and the ARO Programmes team, the Head of ACCESS Consortium and the project team, and other IPPF staff members and consortium partners, on the technical aspects of the project keeping them informed of significant developments and issues pertaining to the portfolio.
- To contribute to IPPF global technical leadership in quality comprehensive and integrated service delivery by showcasing innovative and successful approaches from Member Associations within the Federation.
- Advocate for SRHR through participation at selected conferences, meetings, trainings, media events etc
- Support other IPPF MAs by ensuring programmatic technical outputs are shared and disseminated beyond the ACCESS programme.
- To work closely with the Lead SRHR Programme Specialist as well as other senior or cross-cutting specialist to advance departmental agenda.
- To ensure gender is effectively mainstreamed within the remit of the post and in line with IPPF’s Gender Equality Policy.
- To build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts within and outside the Federation.
- To take collective responsibility for safeguarding, including child protection.
- To undertake any other duties as may be requested from time to time.
- Knowledge and experience of working with International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs)
- Knowledge of a wide range of SRHR programmes and innovations, specifically related to comprehensive SRH services, gender mainstreaming, youth-centered care, digital health, quality of care, MISP, and clinical management
- Knowledge of the region and/or countries covered by the project and as per IPPF delimitation, including the political, economic, and social dimensions
- In-depth understanding of sexual and reproductive health issues for vulnerable/marginalized groups in the project countries and regions, including LGBTI, IDPs, women, adolescent and young people
- Excellent understanding of the associated technical and political issues related to SRH services in complex settings (including humanitarian) settings including contraception/family planning, MNCH, SGBV, HIV/STIs, and post-abortion care issues
- Ability to identify and to formulate conclusions/recommendations to resolve a wide range of complex issues/problems
- Ability to relate SRHR issues and perspectives, including gender and inclusiveness issues, to human rights programmes
- Show pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies
- Identifies priorities and knows when to adjust priorities if necessary
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and other resources for completing work
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning
- Organizes training sessions, e-training and facilitate same
- Proven ability to develop guidelines, policies and training packages
- Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. TEAMWORK
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise
- Is willing to learn from others
- Places organizational and team agenda before personal agenda
- Empowers others to translate shared vision into results
- Is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish team objectives
- Works independently and as a team member
- Supports and acts in accordance with the final team-decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments
- Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards
- Works on multiple deliverables simultaneously, independently and meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules
- Takes personal responsibility for their own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Education & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Services Management, Reproductive Health, or Social Sciences, or qualified by experience with medical/nursing/midwifery education.
- At least six years’ experience in similar position, or SRH-related programmes management
- Two years of experience in the related area at the international level is required
- Significant experience of designing evidence-based programmes with a focus on the provision of comprehensive, quality SRH services in complex and challenging settings is essential
- Experience in monitoring SRH programmes and quality of care in clinics and outreach settings is required
- Experience managing or providing support to FCDO (formerly DFID and FCO) funded initiatives is desirable
- Experience in networking/consortium and cross regional collaboration 4
- Fluent English essential. Fluent in one or more of French, Portuguese, Arabic desirable.
- Assessment Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a desk review and/or an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview
- Subscribe to IPPF’s Mission, Vision, and Values
- Embrace working in a multicultural environment
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Willingness to travel internationally: approximately 30% of time
- Commitment to community and civil society engagement including the meaningful participation of marginalised communities
- Focus on continuous improved results/performance
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure
- Proficiency in technologies, such as MS office suites
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside normal working hours
How to Apply
For more details on the job description and on how to apply please visit https://www.ippfar.org/jobs
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disabilities, people living with HIV and minorities.