Laboratory Technologist Job, Laboratory Technologist Jobs 2021,
Job Title: Laboratory Technologist (Locum)
Vacancy no: AKHK/MDLT/L/002
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing documentation, processing patient’s samples, ensuring timely dispatch of results and maintain records as per the AKHK laboratory policy.
- Receive and process specimens, release patients result and archive specimens as per laboratory procedures.
- Maintain relevant equipment in terms of routine maintenance, calibration, and quality control.
- Participate in proficiency testing and other quality assurance programs.
- Create and maintain documents and records as required in the laboratory.
- Select, bleed donors, and prepare blood and blood products for transfusion as per laboratory procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures including but not limited to those related to safety and infection control.
- Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory operations and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in microbiology.
- Ability to write and review SOPs.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Minimum three years working experience in a busy medical laboratory.
- Knowledge and experience in ISO 15189 Standard is desirable.
- Possession of a Phlebotomy certificate will be an added advantage.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board with a current practice license is mandatory
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and vacancy number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29thJanuary 2021.
- The email subject line MUST include position title and Vacancy number being applied for e.g. “PATIENT ATTENDANT AKHK/NDPA/L/001”
- Do state the preferred outreach in your application letter
- Positions that have the word Kisumu at the end e.g. “cook-Kisumu” means that the available locum is only for our Kisumu facility.
- Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, medical examination, or any fee)
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”