Animal Health Officer Job, Current Medical Jobs,
Position: Animal Health Officer Grade 5 (1 Post)
Ref. No. LU/AD/5/12/20
Salary Scale; Ksh.29,464-39,776 p.m.
The appointment is on a 3 (three) years contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
- Be a holder of Diploma in Animal Health from an accredited
- Must have at least 3 years experience in a similar position in a recognized
- A certificate in artificial insemination
- Implementing parasites and diseases control programmes in livestock including various eradication
- Monitoring the health of livestock
- Disease diagnoses and
- Collection of samples; including blood smears, impression smears, skin and wool scrapings, urine and faecal.
- The analysis and examination of
- Basic Post mortem examination and the collection and submission of sample for analysis
- Carry out artificial
- Carry out routine management practices on livestock, including castration, dehorning, docking, hoof trimming, teeth clipping
- Team up with livestock technologist and other farm staff in offering training services to students and
- Ensure keeping of neat, clear, accurate and upto date livestock health
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the farm
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirement of chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya 2010 and must attach the following.
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans
- Clearance certificate from CRB
How to apply
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of applications giving details of age, education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicants’ telephone number and email address, and enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and give names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence and area of specialization. Applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned. The name and reference number of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:-
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (AF&P) Laikipia University,
P.O. Box 1100-20300
NYAHURURU – KENYA
So as to reach him not later than Friday 8th January 2021
N.B. A soft copy of the application letter and C.V. only and No other attachment should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Laikipia University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minority groups and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.