Audit Assistants (2 Positions) Job, Current Audit Jobs,
TK & Associates is a locally Kenyan Registered Audit firm of Certified Public Accountants, providing assurance and non-assurance professional services.
Our professional services involve provision of Accounting, Audit, Tax and Business Advisory services across various sectors of the economy and individual profiles.
To its core, TK & Associates prides itself of being a modern professional firm that deploys technology in execution of her assignments and exists to provide complete, accurate and reliable quality financial management services to SMEs, County Governments, Private entities, Financial Institutions, NGOs and Public entities.
Our firm prides itself in delivering of uncompromising quality service, retention of technical competence to handle complex assignments, providing growth and sustainability insights to business for present and future prosperity in any of our engagements to clients as we tailor our services specific to our clients’ pressing needs and strive to exceed the clients’ expectations nationally and internationally.
Our professionalism characterizes our values and culture infused with our deliberate informal tone and experts made up of dynamic rounded individuals with highly positive attitude.
The breadth and depth of our technical and professional knowledge, capacities, expertise and experience in matters accounting, audit and business advisory accords us the impetus to deliver in various clients assignments.
As an Audit Assistant, you will work on various audit engagements in different industry sectors in which TK & Associates services her Clients. • Develops an understanding of the audit client’s business
• Interact with the clients professionally in order to collect all the necessary data/information, set-up and maintain audit files, prepare leads, etc.
• Assist & Lead in obtaining all necessary audit working paper, documentation including researching and documenting facts and findings.
• Support the planning, execution and delivery of assurance engagements
• Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the engagement objectives, audit client’s engagement history, and planned audit approach
• Recognize potential audit issues or unusual relationships from basic analysis of the financial statements and communicate them to the assurance team
• Execute audit assistant functions to check the accuracy of accounting systems and procedures.
• Review, assess and recommend changes in accounting systems and controls of a business unit.
• Verify and inspect accounts receivable and payable ledgers and general ledger for its accuracy.
• Check, inspect and reconcile bank deposits and payments.
• Inspect, test and assess software and hardware systems for its failure.
• Check all accounting and clients’ databases are updated and functioning properly.
• Study, inspect and assess, budgets, balance sheets and other related financial statements and records.
• Review and recommend changes in internal audit controls.
• Check and verify accounting books and records are in conformity with industry practices and corporate policies.
• Ensure compliance of regulatory guidelines and generally accepted auditing standards.
• Prepare financial statement reports and documentation supporting TK & Associates audit opinions;
Skills and attributes for success
• Positive attitude and demonstrate willingness to learn
• Work constructively with team, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
• Contribute ideas/opinions to the assurance team and listen/respond to other assurance team members’ views
• Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the audit client’s environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (other language is a plus)
• Good project management skills
• High level of motivation and drive to start a career in professional services
• Minimum of 6 months to 2 year(s) of working experience in Audit Services.
• Recognized university degree with specialization in accounting, finance or related field / CPA or ACCA or pass at least fundamental levels of CPA or ACCA is a MUST.
• Prior working experience or interned in a professional mid-tier firm will be highly advantageous.
• QuickBooks knowledge, use of accounting and audit software is an added advantage.
What TK & Associates, CPA is looking for:
• Highly motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry.
• An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a modern audit firm.
• If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
• Women are Highly Encouraged to Apply
How to Apply
• Applications, CVs, scanned copies of certificates, references, salary expectation and date available to start should be stated in your applications.
Where to Send Applications • email@example.com with Subject line being Audit Assistant
Deadline • 20/January / 2021 5.00p.m