Technical Advisor Job, Latest Supply Chain Jobs,
The Technical Advisor – Capacity Building oversees implementation of technical assistance initiatives to strengthen the overall pharmaceutical supply chain management in Kenya. The main function of this role is to provide capacity building support to the Local Development Organization (LDO) taking on the role as primary distributor for USG-funded commodities in Kenya, which represents a rapid expansion of their former role. S/he will be based in the LDO office in Nairobi but, as an Afya Ugavi staff member, will also regularly engage with other Afya Ugavi project staff, GoK stakeholders in the counties, the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project home office (HO) team based in Washington, D.C., and external development partners to achieve the capacity building objectives. S/he will also work closely with logistics management information system (LMIS) team to implement enhancements and continued momentum to institutionalize the electronic logistics management information system (eLMIS) to improve data visibility and decision making. S/he will also identify, develop, and implement new mechanisms for strengthening skillsets in technical areas, including but not limited to: warehousing and inventory management, distribution, forecasting and supply planning, supportive supervision and continuous improvement at various levels of the supply chain.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- In coordination with the Supply Chain Director, develop strategic direction for project-supported health system strengthening and supply chain management technical assistance.
- Work with LDO and GoK entities to ensure that goods are imported and delivered to a MEDS-managed facility on time and in full
- Provide technical assistance to supply chain system strengthening activities and collaborate with LMIS advisor to support supply chain improvement
- Report routinely about inventory and stock distribution
- Ensure sufficient access to data at all times about where goods are whether at the central level or while in transit to a GoK location
- Lead the design and implementation of technical assistance and capacity building initiatives that improve the ability of the Afya Ugavi staff and HO teams to better manage the supply and distribution of priority health commodities.
- Develop strategies to maintain or improve performance while making efficiency gains in the supply chain.
- Collaborate with Afya Ugavi teams to design and develop solutions to improve the use of data for decision making.
- Conduct on-the-ground monitoring and use key supply chain performance indicators (KPIs) to document progress toward the supply chain capacity building Participate and attend key technical meetings and working groups with other supply chain stakeholders, partners, donors, and the MOH, liaising with USAID and HO.
- Coordinate the development and adaptation of tools, guidelines, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all assigned areas of interventions and coordinate with Afya Ugavi staff in the development and update of other materials as needed.
- Organize and coordinate training programs focused on improving supply chain performance for key supply chain functional areas such as forecasting and supply planning, procurement, inventory control, warehousing and distribution, as well as management information system to ensure timely availability of logistics data for informed decision making and any other identified areas of intervention that will require interaction and coordination with various partners or organizations
- Support the implementation and operationalization of the eLMIS in consultation with the Afya Ugavi LMIS Technical Advisor
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Supply Chain Director or Chief of Party
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing large-scale supply chain operations supporting demand planning, direct delivery, and/or community distribution activities.
- Advanced professional degree in supply chain management, logistics, or field preferred or equivalent in years of experience.
- Demonstrated Significant experience in supply chain management and capacity building in pharmaceutical or similar industry supply chain management.
- Experience within the health sector with understanding of HIV, malaria, family planning, maternal, neonatal and child health (MNCH) desirable
- Knowledge of LMIS, ERP, or WMS, for supply chain desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite Applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong logistics and organizational experience
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, with intermittent travel throughout the country and internationally when necessary.
The Technical Advisor will report to the Chief of Party.
How to apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their updated CV and cover letter through email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Technical Advisor – Capacity Building” by CoB January 21, 2021.