Credit Officer Job, Credit Control Jobs January,
About Fresh Life:
Fresh Life is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life – as small businesses.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable by-products, such as organic fertilizer and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the by-products to Kenyan farms.
Since November 2011, we have launched nearly 700 Fresh Life Toilets to a network of more than 300 Fresh Life Operators. We have collected and converted over 3,500 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 200 people.
For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in Africa.
Responsibilities: The Credit Officer will be a member of Credit Team for the Fresh Life network.
In collaboration between our Sales & Operations Team and Finance Team, the Credit Team Officer is responsible for credit monitoring and delinquency management of assigned portfolio of fresh life customers.
- Issuing receipts and reports to Fresh Life Operators regarding account status
- Follow up on payment on overdue customer accounts.
- Liaise with Credit Manager to maintain loan schedule and perform portfolio at risk analysis on a weekly basis
- Review arrears, monitor progress of existing loans, assess clients’ financial status on repayments and ensure achievement of set targets for the collections of invoices.
- Refer unresolved cases for to Credit Manager, prepare weekly reports on collections received, follow ups done and commitment dates agreed on.
- Working with the clients on agreed payment plan, send reminders before agreed due dates, handle customer complaints answer queries and offer advice to the clients through call follow ups and sms.
- Maintain updated records of outstanding balances, drive repayment behavior, follow up with clients about repayment plans and advice clients accordingly.
- Generate reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Updating internal payment accounts
- Other duties as assigned
- PAR 2% 30 days
- Portfolio and client status reports
- Portfolio reports to Credit Committee
- Weekly/periodic client visits
- Bachelor of Commerce or other business related degree from a recognized university
- Credit Experience in small, medium or large MFI having managed a portfolio of Kshs. 40 Million
- Experience and knowledge of credit evaluation
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Good financial analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Good communicator (oral/written in English & Swahili)
- A team player with great presentation skills
- Call Center Supervisor experience desired
More fundamentally, we believe that we are on the cusp of transformative change, and we seek people who believe their skills will bring about that transformative change.
We welcome your application-cover letter and CV
How To Apply
To apply, please submit here a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by Sunday 17th January 2021. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.