Data Analyst Job, Latest IT Jobs,
Job Title: Data Analyst
Job Grade: 6
Section / Unit: Data Management
Reports to: Data Scientists
Direct reports: None
MFS is a Fintech company with a passion for “Transforming Lives Through Financial Inclusion”. We are a market leader in the mobile lending space, having begun our journey with Banks and SACCOs in 2014. Since then, MFS has transformed itself into an integrated financial services entity, helping to grow the lives of millions of micro-entrepreneurs across Africa.
Our core values define our culture and way of life at MFS. They are part of our DNA. We believe our culture and values differentiate us and are a competitive advantage. Our values prescribe our daily behaviour and interactions with each other, our customers, and other stakeholders. Our values are:
- Customer Obsession: The interests and needs of our customers are our first priority.
- Innovative:To adapt to an everchanging business environment, we must think big, we must dive deep, we must be flexible, and we must be futuristic.
- Passionate:We have a bias for action and approach everything with fire in our belly. We never give up on doing what we believe is right.
- Teamwork:We believe that ownership breeds teamwork and we believe teamwork enables ordinary people to achieve extraordinary things.
- Results Oriented:We hire and develop the best and uphold the highest standards of excellence, integrity, and honesty in delivering on our commitments.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Data labs team and support our product, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing a wide variety of company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization, using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. Must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods and data tools to create business insights. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights.
Objectives of this Role
- Collaborate with product design and engineering to develop an understanding of needs
- Research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis
- Communicate findings to all stakeholders, management, and clients
- Enable smarter business processes—and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Keep current with technical and industry developments
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Collaborate with engineering and organizational leadership to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Create documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the data analysis process.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
• At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or related field
• Strong knowledge of and experience with data visualization programs such as Tableau, PowerBI, Google Data Studio etc.
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
• Knowledge and experience with relational databases
• Knowledge and experience using programming languages e.g. Python, R, SQL etc.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
How to Apply
All applications should be channeled to Hr@mfs.co.ke