Estate Management Officer Job, Engineering Jobs 2021,
The Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) is a strategic institution of the East African Community (EAC) responsible for coordinating the development of human resources and research in the EAC Higher Education Institutions. The main objectives of IUCEA are to; facilitate networking among universities in East Africa, and with universities outside the region;provide a forum for discussion on a wide range of academic and other matters relating to higher education in East Africa; and facilitate maintenance of internationally comparable education standards in East Africa so as to promote the region’s global competitiveness in higher education.
Applications are invited from qualified individuals from the EAC Partner States. Candidates from the Republics of South Sudan, Rwanda, Kenya and Burundi are especially encouraged to apply since the recruitment will be subjected to the EAC Quota System.
In order to fulfil its current mandate and to meet all its objectives and planned activities, IUCEA now wishes to recruit staff at the Secretariat for the posts;
Estates Management Officer(EMO)
Unit: Human Resource and Administration
Job Reports to: Principal Human Resources and Administration Officer
Job supervises: None
Job Purpose: The job holder will facilitate and implement Policies and Procedures in regard to the proper utilization and maintenance of the IUCEA Headquarters Buildings and Security of staff and assets of IUCEA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the allocation and utilization of available office space in IUCEA Building;
- Supervise office cleaning services as well as maintenance of the grounds around the Buildings;
- Coordinate and supervise the regular maintenance of the office premises and advise management on any corrective action where necessary;
- Ensure that utility bills and rates for the Buildings (i.e. water and electricity) are regularly paid;
- Oversee the provision of municipal services to IUCEA premises and overall environmental cleanliness and ambiance
- Recommend security strategies, policies, procedures and ensure implementation of the same;
- Review and advise Management on improvement of IUCEA’s security systems;
- Provide leadership to the security team and ensure that all designated areas are adequately manned;
- Monitor and ensure that procedures for booking of visitors are carried out promptly and accurately;
- Liaise with the Police and other authorities on security matters concerning IUCEA;
- Investigate cases of breach of security and report as appropriate to Management for action;
- Put in place preventive measures against security breaches that may affect dignitaries on official visits to IUCEA and liaise with their security details to ensure compliance; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Principal Human Resource Officer
Key Performance Indicators
- Appropriate office space accommodation is awarded to every staff to work from
- A clean and hygienic environment is maintained in the work place
- Repairs on the buildings are done on time
- Health and safety measures are installed in the Building and are functioning
- Safe and secure environment is maintained for those working in the Building
- A bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Estates Management, or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Training in Property Management and Security will be an added advantage.
- Have 5 years relevant working experience
- Good knowledge of property management
- Experience in handling security matters
- Good interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
- Good computer knowledge and skills
Applicants should not be more than 55 years as the EAC retirement age is 60 years.
The successful candidate shall be notified of his/her appointment by the 2nd week of April to give him/her enough time to also give notice to his/her employer.
The deadline for submission of application forms to the IUCEA Secretariat is 1st February, 2021. Application forms should be downloaded and filled online accompanied with the following:
- Certified copies of the applicant’s degree awards
- Up to date and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- Addresses of three referees, one of which should be of the current immediate
- Any other relevant supporting documents
Applications marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF …….
The Executive Secretary
Inter-University Council for East Africa
P.O. Box 7110, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 256 251/2