Head Of Quality & Compliance Job, Current Quality Assurance Jobs,
767 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10153
Phone: +1 915.204.9110
Alt: +233 24.412.3333
Alt Email: email@example.com
Africa Health Management LLC
Job Title: Head of Quality & Compliance
Level: Junior Management
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria/Nairobi, Kenya
AHH is an African-focused health asset management entity which is committed to investing in and transforming healthcare assets across Africa through innovation and technology. Our goal is to develop high-quality healthcare facilities, roll them up under a common management entity, and lower the cost of care delivery. We presently own and operate 40 hospitals and clinics across Accra, Ghana, Lagos, Nigeria and Nairobi, Kenya which are undergoing our unique turnaround process and operational overhaul.
To provide comprehensive and proactive support to the company by leading the Quality & Compliance Unit. You will be responsible for devising and establishing quality procedures, standards and specifications in AHH healthcare facilities, leading the achievement of mission and income goals through comprehensive relationship management with a portfolio of prioritized health system accounts. These accounts include all AHH-owned facilities in Africa.
- Ensuring good quality clinical and non-clinical services like infection prevention, security, diet etc.
- Works within and across Regions to achieve high engagement levels for health systems, delivering against mission and income strategies by meeting/exceeding AHH owned facilities’ customer promises and functioning as a strategic advisor.
- Delivers on established strategy for health system partners and develops an account plan.
- Responsible for the implementation of an account team strategy for managing prioritized system relationships within assigned portfolio and serve as primary relationship manager to assigned accounts.
- Ensures evidence based strategies are used as solutions and monitors the implementation status and results.
- Strategically coordinates with other Health Systems staff and their accounts for the integration of work in the AHH owned system of facilities.
- Ensuring clean surroundings, OPD Areas, Wards, Labour Room, OT and Patient amenities and outsourced services.
- Periodical assessment of health facilities on quality check list and arrive at a score for the facility.
- Planning and work-out modalities towards improvement and preventive maintenance of equipment and vehicles toward modernization of health facilities.
- Ensuring that the health facilities meets or is making gains toward improving all regulatory compliances, including clinical and non-clinical licensing and regulation.
- Identification of gaps and develop action plan under the guidance of COO and in- charge of the health facilities and monitor compliance.
- Instituting an effective complaint management system for both employees and patients.
- Strengthening of West Africa Regional Health Facility Management Information Systems (MIS).
- Ensure services are rendered to meet all Quality Standards in compliance with all applicable Regulatory requirements.
- Any other assignment stated by Chief Operating Officer.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Possesses a degree in either MBBS/ MBBChB OR Nursing
- Must possess a Master’s in Public Health OR Nursing
- Possesses a minimum of 7 years of combined experience in clinical practice, public health or hospital administration; Minimum of 2 years of direct quality improvement experience.
- Experience in Health Care Quality or Formal Quality improvement systems specific to Sub-Saharan Africa such as SafeCare/Joint Commission International/Six Sigma/Lean/Kaizen.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of government legislations and policies in healthcare in Africa are essential.
- Strong knowledge of SafeCare and current trends with regards to Quality and compliance issues in a healthcare facility.
- Sound knowledge on the concepts of quality for health facilities and hospital systems.
- Fluent command of written and spoken English; Knowledge of local languages is an added bonus.
- Effective communication skills, with demonstrated ability to talk and listen to people and build rapport others at all levels.
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with database management programs and commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Action oriented – Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Able to cultivate relationships with targeted health systems to create a sense of urgency related to awareness of major health problems, motivate to action in prevention and early detection, and influence strategies and techniques.
- Ability to represent the Society effectively and professionally to hospital health systems, related institutions, community leaders, including working with disparate populations and diverse constituents.
- Knowledge of primary care infrastructure and able to work with physicians, key administrative staff, nurses and managed care professional.
How To Apply
Interested persons should send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title “Head of Quality and Compliance” as the subject of the email.