Public Communications Officer Job, Current County Government Jobs, Latest Communication Jobs,
The Kericho County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent, self-driven, experienced and qualified staff to fill the following positions in the county public service pursuant to Article 176 of the Constitution of Kenya and County Governments Act No.17 of 2012.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER II, JOB GROUP ‘J’ (2 POSTS)
Duties and Responsibilities
This will be the entry and training grade for degree holders. An officer at this level will be deployed in a Department or in a Public Communications Office.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Gathering information on existing programmes, significant events and the impact on customers and forwarding the same to the head of Department for dissemination.
- Liaising with media practitioners and the public on issues of mutual concern under the guidance of a senior officer.
For direct appointment to this grade, a candidate must be in possession of a
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Journalism or any other approved equivalent qualifications from a recognized University/Institution;
- Possess good oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili; and
- Be proficient in computer applications.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable.
Remuneration: As per Salaries and Remuneration Commission guidelines
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 4th February 2021