Chief Officer Job, Latest County Government Jobs,
The Kirinyaga County Public Service Board is pleased to invite applications from suitably qualified, motivated and Pro-active individuals to fill up the following vacant positions;
CHIEF OFFICER LAND, HOUSING AND PHYSICAL PLANNING, JOB GROUP CPSB 02 (1 POST)
Job Ref: KCPSB/CO/LPP/04/14/01/21
Terms of Service: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement the strategic plan and other policies for the Department
- General administration and coordination of the Lands, Housing and Urban Development Department.
- Promote national values and policies of governance within the county public service
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of human resources management initiatives including human resource planning and performance management within the department
- Spearhead formulation of county policy related to the department’s area of mandate
- Oversee development and implementation of strategies and county sector development plans for the
- Formulate and implement effective program plans to attain Vision 2030, Sustainable Development Goals and other relevant county
- Oversee development projects, computerization and other programs in the sector’s annual workplan and
- Create linkages and networks with internal and external stakeholders to propagate sector development goals and by extension county objectives
- Entrench principles of good governance as captured in Chapter six of the constitution of Kenya
- Supervise activities of the department and other cross-cutting human resource issues across other departments
- Participate in policy development committees to formulate public service and administration policies that will enable the county to be compliant to relevant legislation.
- Ensure the resources allocated to the department are efficiently utilized to enable it achieve its goals and prevent misuse of
- Provide technical advice to the county executive to ensure the county adopts the best practices in public sector human resource
- Ensuring compliance with National Values and Principles of Good Governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the County Executive Committee Member
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Have a bachelor’s degree from a University recognized institution
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Land Economics, Valuation, Property Management, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Land Economics, Real Estate and Land Administration, Building Economics, Urban/Regional Planning, Construction Management, Economics, Estate Management, Sociology, Community Development, Statistics, Environmental Studies, Geography, Housing Administration, Urban Management, Urban/Regional Planning, Valuation and Property Management, Architecture, Business Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized University will be an added advantage;
- Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than 10 years in the relevant field, 5 years of which should be in a management position
- Have demonstrated thorough understanding of County Development objectives and Vision 2030
- Be results oriented and a strategic thinker
- Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Article 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya
- Be computer literate
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Academic and Professional certificates,
- PIN Certificate,
- National Identity Card or Passport and
- Any other supporting
Clearly indicate the position applied for, both on the cover letter and the envelope. Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board P O Box 260 – 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4TH floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays).
Applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or beforeFriday, 29th January 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Women and persons living with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
Salary and benefits attached to these posts are as per the guidelines by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit our website:
www.kirinyaga.go.ke for more details.
The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.