Nutrition & Dietician Officer Job, Nutrition Jobs 2021,
The Kirinyaga County Public Service Board is pleased to invite applications from suitably qualified, motivated and Pro-active individuals to fill up the following vacant positions;
NUTRITION & DIETITIAN OFFICER (JOB GROUP CPSB 11 – (1) POSTS
Job Ref: KCPSB/N/MOH/21/14/01/21
Terms of Service: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, Monitoring, implementing and evaluating specific nutrition projects in the community;
- Sensitizing and working with community workers particularly in Agriculture, Social Services, Education and other agencies to help them understand more the nutrition problems in the community and advocate actions for improvement;
- Implementing nutrition program;
- Providing nutrition services in the healthcare facilities;
- Conducting nutrition services;
- Collecting and compiling nutrition data;
- Providing nutrition health education and demonstration;
- Counseling patients with specific nutrition needs;
- Monitoring and preparation of therapeutic feeds;
- Implementing outpatient and inpatient supplementary and therapeutic feeding program;
- Promoting maternal, infant and young children feeding programs;
- Providing micronutrient supplementation;
- Supervising and guiding staff working under the officer;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- For appointment to this grade, an officer must: –
- Be a holder of a Diploma in Nutrition from a recognized medical Training College;
- Be a holder of KCSE mean grade ‘C’ or its equivalent;
- Be registered by the Kenya Nutrition Dietetics Institute (KNDI);
- Have certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Academic and Professional certificates,
- PIN Certificate,
- National Identity Card or Passport and
- Any other supporting
Clearly indicate the position applied for, both on the cover letter and the envelope. Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board P O Box 260 – 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4TH floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays).
Applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or beforeFriday, 29th January 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Women and persons living with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
Salary and benefits attached to these posts are as per the guidelines by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit our website:
www.kirinyaga.go.ke for more details.
The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.