Prosecution Assistant Manager Job, Current Legal Jobs,
DEPARTMENT: Investigation & Enforcement
REPORTS TO: Manager – Prosecution
This role is responsible for supervising, coordinating and conducting Tax and Customs prosecutorial responsibilities, duties and tasks.
- Supervise prosecution led investigations to achieve a conviction in order to communicate deterrence to the Public.
- Identify gaps in the prepared files and recommend on how to cover them to ensure the case meets the evidentiary threshold.
- Review charge sheets prepared by supervisors and officers for the management on cases for prosecution.
- Review other drafted court pleadings prepared by supervisees for management of cases in court.
- Recommend to the management matters to be settled out of court by preparing briefs with recommendations on the same
- Provide legal opinions to the management to facilitate decision making –
- Coordinate pre-trial briefing of witnesses of cases before a court of law
- Prepare operational reports to management to seal tax loopholes in the Law and/or improve revenue administration
- Supervise compliance with agreed systems and procedures to enhance efficient and effective presentation and execution of business risks.
- Day-to-day operations and supervision of staff in the unit
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Facilitate initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the unit.
- A university degree in law, business administration, economics or related field from a recognized institution.
- Tax Law
- Valid LSK practicing certificate
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years work experience and 1 year at Supervisor level in similar role.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 21st January 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
How To Apply