Maternal Neonatal & Child Health Program Manager Job, Health & Safety Jobs,
AGA KHAN HOSPITAL, KISUMU
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa. The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, SafeCare level 5 accreditation and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation. The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the positions listed below:
- PROGRAM MANAGER – MATERNAL, NEONATAL AND CHILD HEALTH
Vacancy no: AKHK/NDPM/002
Reporting to the Director Nursing Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing programmatic leadership and recommending strategic direction for the operations and activities of program and oversee delivery of quality patient care, staff development and business growth.
- Identify, recommend, and propose program goals and objectives drawing from the overall institutional strategy.
- Operationalize all program goals and objectives, in collaboration with department leaders and direct activities to meet the hospital strategic plan.
- Prepare annual operational, capital and staff budgets for programs.
- Collaborate with department leaders to identify staff learning / training needs and put together annual program training plans to meet those needs.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for staff and maintain a database of licensure, mandatory certification, and job descriptions.
- Take lead in quality and patient safety initiatives for the departments.
- Maintain a database of the key performance indicators and communicate variances in a timely manner.
- Facilitate clinical placement for students and interns seeking clinical placement.
- Lead in identification of Continuous Quality Improvement projects (CQI) for programs.
- Enhance revenue generation through development of new services and expansion of existing ones, with cost containment initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in health care discipline, a master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least five years managerial experience in healthcare industry.
- Valid professional practicing license.
- Excellent Public Relations and Communication skills.
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and vacancy number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to email@example.com on or before 15th January 2021.
- The email subject line MUST include position title and Vacancy number being applied for e.g. “PROGRAM MANAGER -MATERNAL, NEONATAL AND CHILD HEALTH AKHK/NDPM/002”
- Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, medical examination, or any fee)
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”