Medical Officer Job, Current Medical Jobs,
Laikipia University is a Public Chartered University located 11 kms from Nyahururu Town along Nyahururu -Nakuru Road and 50 kms from Nakuru along Nakuru –Nyahururu road.
Laikipia University’s vision is to be a University for valued transformation of society. The mission is to serve students and society through research, education, scholarship, training, outreach and consultancy. To effectively fulfill its mandate, the University is re-advertising the following positions.
Medical Officer Grade 12- 1 post Ref. No. LU/AD/1/01/21
This is a five (5) years contract renewable on satisfactory performance Applicants must;
- Be holders of a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine & Surgery (MBChB) from a recognized University.
- Be registered with the Medical and Dentists Board and have a current practicing license
- Be of high integrity and able to supervise a large number of staff
- Have a working experience of at least 5 years
- Be computer literate
Duties and Responsibilities
- In charge of health services in the University
- Formulate and implement health service policies of the University
- Responsible for management of resources for the operation of medical services
- Responsible for formulation and implementation of departmental strategic plan
- Admit and manage patients within the health care and outside the University
- Responsible for referral of patients to specialized care where necessary
- Responsible for the preparation and control of the departmental
- Responsible for the procurement of departmental goods and
- Responsible for formulation, co-ordination and implementation of departmental
- Any other duties assigned by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (AF&P)
How to Apply
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 and must attach the following:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA.
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans
- Clearance certificate from
- Self- Declaration of wealth by Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission EACC
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of applications giving details of age, education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicants’ telephone number and email address, and enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and give names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence and area of specialization. Applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned. The name and reference number of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:-
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (AF&P)
P.O. Box 1100-20300
NYAHURURU – KENYA
So as to reach him not later than 1st February, 2021
N.B. A soft copy of the application letter and C.V. only and No other attachment should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Laikipia University is an equal employer. Women, minority groups and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.