TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty. A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. By linking people to information, capital, and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities.
Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe has been named the #1 nonprofit for fighting poverty by the ImpactMatters charity rating agency.
The Sr. Analyst for MEL is an exciting new role to support innovation in monitoring and evaluation of specific interventions, assisting with strategic and technical oversight for our coffee practice in Africa. The Sr. Analyst for MEL will manage farmer training attendance monitoring and reporting, manage gender scorecards, develop remote and blended learning assessments, support human-centric design implementation, and develop a focus group protocol. The Sr. Analyst will collaborate closely with regional backstopping and program development teams and have an indirect reporting relationship to the Director of Impact.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
Remote and Blended Learning (R&BL) assessments, gender scorecards, and Focus Group Protocol:
Working closely with the TechnoServe country and regional teams, as well as our independent evaluation provider:
- Manage the development, analysis, reporting, and sharing across the practice of R&BL assessments. R&BL strategies include, radio, SMS, calls, posters, videos, etc. cost-effective assessments should be designed, tested, and reported, with learnings for future improvement.
- Work alongside the TNS Gender Practice to oversee the development and production of gender scorecards for each program. Gender scorecards are designed to align with the TechnoServe gender strategy, to be produced biannually for each program, and track metrics such as women trained hired and in coop membership. Data will be available from existing monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Develop a Focus Group protocol and training, for use where surveys are not the ideal data collection tool, for example in assessing the impact of training on household decision making.
- Support the integration of Human-Centric Design (HCD) methodology into key programs, including field testing, monitoring, and iteration.
- Support the review of reports from evaluation surveys.
Coffee Farm College Farmer Attendance:
- Support the development and management of farmer attendance collection systems to ensure data is collected and analyzed in a timely manner
- Develop and monitor back and spot-checking systems that ensure farmer attendance is recorded accurately
- Monitor farmer attendance databases to ensure accuracy and integration with donor databases, where applicable
- Monitor generation of monthly and quarterly attendance scorecards for all Coffee Farm College programs ensuring accuracy, for submission to donors
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are in place as a guide to users
- Automate reporting systems using relevant software
- Develop systems for monitoring and integrating ad-hoc activities of the Coffee Farm College into the attendance systems, such as the distribution of tree seedlings or PPE
- Provide support with data requests from regional and country teams, as needed
- Onboard new MEL staff, and facilitate working groups to review best practices and learning activities
Support annual impact reporting from the Africa coffee programs and co-present the results (with coffee practice leadership) to the impact team for review
- A completed Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Economics or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role; or a Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of experience
- Strong leadership, supervisory, communication, and coordination skills required
- Fluent user of STATA, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- R and Python are a plus
- Experience working with at least one ODK-based platform (such as SurveyCTO, ODK, CommCare) is a plus
- Previous experience with Salesforce or similar data management platforms advantageous
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
This position is open for international telecommuters. However, you must be able to accommodate GMT +2 Time Zone.
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability, and all other protected classes.
We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners, and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation and thoroughly vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call +1 202 785 4515.
How to Apply