Midwife Nurse Job, Latest Nursing Jobs,
Position: Midwife Nurse
Department: Tabitha Clinics
- The jobholder will be responsible for providing nursing care and treatment for all clients at our Tabitha Clinics.
- S/he is required to document all care activities provided to clients, maintain confidentiality of patients’ records and maintain care of all commodities within the facility.
- S/he will participate in patient referral where needed.
Line Relationships Key Work Relationships Employment Type
• Head Nurse
• Students and interns Internal:
• Primary Healthcare Program Coordinator.
• Head Of programs
• Tabitha Clinics staff
• Government Agencies
• Suppliers to CFK Contract
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, emergency obstetrical and neonatal care in accordance with MoH Reproductive Care Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardized protocols.
- Properly follow up of all newborn babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women for medical evacuation and/or complicated delivery.
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria are met according to standard specifications.
- Guarantee a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering)
- Ensure that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with the MoH/Tabitha Maternity Home protocols, as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required.
- Participate in the organization of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor.
- Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team.
- Ensure patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Provide nursing care and management at the MCH clinics.
- Evaluate patient responses to interventions and notify the head nurse accordingly.
- Perform physical examination on mothers, monitor labor and conduct deliveries.
- Request necessary lab tests for the patients.
- Perform minor procedures on patients as required such as urinary. catheterization, suturing of small tares, lacerations and episiotomies.
- Do ward rounds with the head nurse and ensure all treatment is administered to patients.
- Promote rights of patients and clients maintaining their privacy and dignity.
- Adhere to the hospital health and safety policies, guidance and protocols.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment in the facility.
- Adhere to infection prevention and control guidelines and practices.
- Participate in individual professional development activities.
- Any other duties as assigned by the head nurse.
Experience and Qualifications;
- Diploma holder as a Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse.
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- 3-years pre-service training at KMTC or a recognized facility for Registered Nurses.
- 1-2 years clinical management experience.
How to Apply;
Send a cover letter and resume with reference MIDWIFE NURSE TABITHA CLINICS to email@example.com on or before 26th January 2021.