HR Officer Jobs, Current HR Jobs
Position: HR Officer
Reporting: HR Manager
Provide general day-to-day HR support across the business. in relation to all HR, Employee Benefits, Training and Development and other administration duties
- HR Degree
- A member of IHRM:
- BCOM –HR Degree
- At least three years’ experience of working in a generalist HR environment, to include administration of statutory payments
- Experience of supporting managers across a variety of departments at different levels in all aspects of HR
- Employment act Kenya
- Labor Laws
- Taxation rules
- Statutory rules and timelines
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- 2) HR Communication- writing letters for records
- 3) Understanding of WIBA and Health Insurance policies
- 4) Ability to manage and investigate disciplinary cases as per law
- 1) Data compiling and analysis
- 2) Microsoft Office tools- word, excel and ppt
- 3) Ability to work on HR Software
- People Management
- Communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Proven experience as HR officer, administrator or generalist role for more than one year
- Knowledge on HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development )
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
Duties and responsibilities
1) Resolve employee grievances as per agreed SLA`s
2) Monitor attendance at branch level and give attendance reports to HOD`s, Director and MD.
3) Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job adverts posting ads, calling shortlisted candidates for scheduling of interviews
4) Create and implement effective onboarding plans for all new joiners in their specific regions.
5) Maintain employee records according to policy and legal requirements
6) Oversee employee recognition for respective branches
Be employee cheerleader and help to create a fun and engaging employee environment.
7) Support payroll processing process by giving input on a monthly basis for their regions
8) Organize for trainings as per the HOD`s approved requests for training
9) Support the management of the staff medical documentation, by keeping staff updated on changes and providing updated records (withdrawals, inclusions, transfers etc.).
Typical Tasks (indicative but not exhaustive)
1) Sit/Chair disciplinary hearings, document the minutes and prepare letters as per the locals rules
2) Letter Administration as per company template- appointment letters, warning, and transfer and promotion letters.
3) Printing and issuing of pay slips, doing exit interviews, leave management, administer employee surveys.
4) Updating personal files to ensure all records are maintained, retrieve such information as and when needed
5) Maintain the database of all interviewed candidates for future reference
6) Data entry into the HR software to maintain the employee records online
7) Interview candidates for the specific roles, update their Job Descriptions.
8) Taking new employees through induction and onboarding program
9) Collecting and tabulating data on PMS system (Goal Sheets)
10) Support all new joiners through the Employee orientation process
Typical Goals (Top 5)
1)100% resolution of customers queries based in Msa yard
2)Timely payment of all statutory payments
3)accurate file opening for all staff
4) Accurate HR monthly reports
5) Monthly recognition of staff per department
How to apply