Compliance Manager Job, NGO Jobs 2021,
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Compliance at One Acre Fund is an essential role, which ensures that we are following all legal and policy obligations across our global teams and countries of operations. In addition to ensuring a safe and well-functioning workplace, the Compliance function allows us to communicate our progress and adherence to staff, investors, and other team members.
The Compliance Manager will contribute to the achievement of One Acre Fund’s compliance goals by ensuring adherence to applicable policies. Among other things, the Compliance Manager will lead the review, implementation, monitoring and reporting of policies within the compliance framework.
- Research regulatory developments within and outside of the organization and develop best practices in compliance control.
- Work with your team to monitor enforcement of applicable policies.
- Work with Government Relations and Legal teams to assess and evaluate impact of changes in applicable legislation and international best practices.
- Recommend the review and revision of policies to ensure agreement on changes in new laws, regulations and best practices.
- Build and maintain systems to monitor compliance and track progress.
- Design tools such as checklists to support compliance of issues identified through research.
- Conduct staff training programs to re-enforce a culture of compliance
- Create self-audit programs to monitor effectiveness of compliance systems (e.g. policy implementation, conducting internal and third-party site visits)
- Partner with internal units such as Legal, Internal Audit and Risk Management, to assess and ensure effectiveness of control systems in driving compliance.
- Lead on internal and external reporting on all aspects of compliance.
- Prepare and circulate legal compliance reports
- Oversee and report on compliance with policies under the Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS)
- Monitor implementation status of agreed action points aimed towards driving compliance.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3 years working experience developing, implementing and monitoring a compliance function.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or related field. A degree in Law will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge in compliance standards and regulations.
- Experience in risk management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Communicate and collaborate with diverse team members.
- Generally structured and organized for example in creating and managing policy libraries indices.
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Kigali or Nairobi with 20% in Kakamega.
Health insurance, paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya and Rwanda
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.