Operating Theatre Technician Job, Medical January 2021 Jobs,
Position: Operating Theatre Technician
Reporting To: Chief Theatre Nursing Officer
Location: Garden Specialist Hospital
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Contract
No of Positions: 1
- Responsible for disinfection, preparation, cleanliness and maintenance of the operating room before and after surgery and assists in bringing patient to the operating room.
- Maintains cleanliness in the operating room and ensures adequacy of provisions before a surgery.
- Clean and disinfect surgical instruments and equipment after surgery.
- Prepare surgical instrument and equipment for autoclaving/sterilization per protocol
- Maintains and keeps all surgical tools sterile and orderly.
- Maintains and keeps all equipment clean and functional.
- Prepares the patient before and after surgery by washing and disinfecting the area for surgery.
- Prepare necessary equipment and instrument prior to procedure/surgery.
- Assists in bringing the patient to the operating room.
- Attends to the needs of the patient while inside the operating room.
- Assist surgeon during the procedure.
- Assist nursing staff in keeping patient safe during the procedure by assisting RN with the application of restraints and following the recommended protocol.
- Takes care of any specimens obtained for testing following laboratory procedures/protocol.
- Provides assistance to the surgical team and coordinates very closely with the doctors, nurses and laboratory staff.
- Clean and disinfect operating room area after each procedure/surgery.
- Diploma in Theatre technology
- Minimum 2 year’s experience as an Operating Theatre Technician.
- Keen on detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and keen on detail
- Excellent organisational skills.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications, detailed CV, three  referees and include their TELEPHONE CONTACTS and EMAIL ADDRESSES along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Current Pay and expectations to email@example.com . The position applied for and reference number should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter. The closing date is January 18th 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
GSH DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process