Painter Job, Latest Jobs,
Hiring Agency:Embassy Nairobi
Position Title:Painter – All Interested Applicants
Open Period:01/11/2021 – 01/26/2021
The incumbent is employed as a journeyman level Painter to carry out skilled routine and preventative maintenance painting and preservation of interior walls, soffits and exterior facades throughout the New Embassy Compound (NEC) functional/office buildings, on-compound ancillary support and residential buildings, recreational facilities, and other owned/leased properties. Incumbent works under the direct supervision and guidance of the Maintenance supervisor.
A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working as a journey-level Painter in the repair and maintenance of commercial or industrial facilities is required. This to include Two years’ experience working with drywall/plasterboard installations.
- Should have a general knowledge of construction, maintenance, and safety procedures in work related areas.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of paints, solvents, and paint additives to include mixing paints to achieve special colors.
- Must have excellent knowledge of all types of finishes including plastering, paint, and specialty finishes.
- Must be able to select the appropriate product choice for a multitude of different environments applied to a multitude of different materials.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of all carpentry and painting tools and equipment.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of vocational training program from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level Painters trained in the maintenance of commercial or industrial buildings/facilities is required.
LANGUAGE: Good working knowledge (Written/Speaking/Reading) in English is required (This may be tested). Good working knowledge (Written/Speaking/Reading) in Kiswahili is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to use a computer; to include MS Word and Outlook, and able to write e-mails.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to respond to urgent situations in an efficient and timely manner to effect immediate repairs; work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, on ladders at various heights, and in temperature extremes, indoors or outdoors to complete work assignments.
- Must be able to safely use all job-related tools, equipment, and materials under their control in the performance of their job.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
How to Apply