Procurement Officer Job, Latest Procurement Jobs
Position: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Reports to: Principal
Employment Terms: Full time
Closing Date: 20th January 2020
The Nairobi School invites applications from qualified, competent and experienced Kenyans for the position of
To ensure procurement is undertaken as per the laid down laws, rules and regulations while enforcing transparency and accountability in the procurement process to ensure value for money.
In liaison with the principal, determine the school purchasing needs and departmental specifications
Participate in the preparation and budget making process and monitoring its implementation.
Report & advise the Principal on all matters procurement.
Advising the institution management on make or buy decisions.
Advising the management on the method of procurement to use depending on what needs to be procured in compliance with the PPADA Act 2015.
Participate in the consolidation of departmental annual procurement plans and monitoring its implementation.
Continuously update the standard operating procedures in line with new policies and regulations.
Participating in the acquisition process for all items of procurement
Participate in development of specifications and reviewing of purchase requisitions.
Preparation of requests for quotation forms (RFQ’s)
Preparation and dispatch of Request for proposal documents to pre-qualified supplier’s/service providers.
Preparation and dispatch of tender documents to pre-qualified firm’s/service providers.2
Participate in periodic market scanning/survey and compile reports for purchase or future placement of orders.
Develops a matrix to monitor supplier performance and hence supplier appraisal for optimal service delivery.
Follow up with suppliers and service providers on pending deliveries.
Coordinating issuance of Lpos, receipting of goods/services, inspection and acceptance/rejection.
Coordinates Procurement committee meetings.
Development and maintenance of price/merchant database.
Safe keeping and archival of every item of procurement records.
Participate in the disposal of obsolete and unwanted Stocks and equipment.
Providing the institution with the framework for implementation of 30% reservation and E-procurement
Drafting professional opinion pursuant to sec 84 of the PPADA Act.
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, procurement or related field from a reputable institution.
- Holder of professional qualification CIPS/CPSPK is an added advantage
- Must be an active member of KISM
- Fully conversant with PPADA Act 2015
- Holder of a valid supplies practitioners Licence
- Computer proficiency knowledge
- Experience from similar public institution is an added advantage
- Valid certificate of good Conduct
- Valid Tax Compliance certificate
- Experience in using procurement software and advanced MS Excel skills
- Ability to negotiate, establish and administer contracts
- Aptitude in decision making and working with numbers
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to apply
Qualified and competent applicants to send their CV academic and professional qualifications and testimonials to
the undersigned by 20th January 2021
In addition, the following documents will be required.
1. Valid Certificate of Good conduct
2. HELB Clearance certificate
3. Credit reference Bureau clearance certificate
4. Valid Tax Compliance certificate.
5. Compliance to requirements of chapter 6
PRINCIPAL/ SECRETARY OF BOSRD OF MANAGEMENT,
PO BOX 30047-0010