Quality Assurance Jobs January,
Kenya Veterinary Board is a State Corporation established under the Veterinary Surgeon and Veterinary Paraprofessionals (VSVP) Act No.29 of 2011.
The Board is mandated to exercise general supervision and control over the training, business, practice and employment of Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Paraprofessionals in Kenya and advice the Government in all aspects thereof.
We invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following positions.
Job title: Manager Quality Assurance
Job grade: KVB 2
No of posts: 1
Terms of service: 3-year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance
The monthly remuneration will include Kshs -Basic salary: 134, 673, House allowance: 60,000, Commuter allowance: 20,000, Extraneous allowance:
30, 000, Entertainment 32,500
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Secretary/Chief Executive Officer for efficient coordination of technical functions of Kenya Veterinary Board.
- Coordinating the registration and retention of eligible veterinary surgeons and veterinary paraprofessionals;
- Overseeing maintenance of an up to date annual register of all veterinary surgeons and veterinary paraprofessionals;
- Coordinating registration of eligible institutions offering animal health services; Overseeing the development of standards for curricula for animal health training courses in the country;
- Overseeing the setting, moderation, administration and marking of preregistration examinations of the Board;
- Ensuring enforcement of quality in the veterinary internship process; and
- Overseeing the issuance of licenses to veterinary surgeons, veterinary paraprofessionals and institutions involved in veterinary practice. In addition, an officer at this level will be responsible for:-
- Ensuring prudent utilization of resources within the Department;
- Ensuring compliance with principles and values of good governance, transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity within the Department; and
- Ensuring performance management, capacity building and development of personnel working in the Quality Assurance Department
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Have a Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant work experience with at least five years(5) in a management Position
- Or Served in the grade of either Assistant Manager Education, Licensing, or Registration for a minimum period of four (4) years;
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (BVM) Degree from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in relevant field from a recognized institution;
- A valid Certificate of registration by Kenya Veterinary Board;
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct;
- Met all the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Certificate in a Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Certificate in computer application skills; and
- Demonstrated managerial and administrative skills as reflected in work performance and results
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meets the above qualifications should submit their applications through the above email address email@example.com
The Chief Executive Officer Kenya Veterinary Board
PO Box 513-00605
On or before 15th January 2021 not later than 5.00pm (East African time).
Kenya Veterinary Board is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution Chapter 232(1) on fair competition and merit representation of Kenya Diverse Communities and according equal employment opportunities to men, women and members of all ethnic groups. The marginalized, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Ethics and integrity
Shortlisted candidates shall be expected to prove their compliance with chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by obtaining and presenting clearance/compliance certificates from the following organization during interview.
- Kenya Revenue Authority KRA)
- Higher Educations Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Please Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic and professional certificates during interviews. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please quote the Advert Ref: No on the envelope/email when applying.