Senior Procurement Officer Job, Current Procurement Jobs, Latest Supply Chain Jobs,
Laikipia University is a Public Chartered University located 11 kms from Nyahururu Town along Nyahururu -Nakuru Road and 50 kms from Nakuru along Nakuru –Nyahururu road.
Laikipia University’s vision is to be a University for valued transformation of society. The mission is to serve students and society through research, education, scholarship, training, outreach and consultancy. To effectively fulfill its mandate, the University is re-advertising the following positions.
Senior Procurement Officer I Grade 13 – 1 Post Ref. No. LU/AD/2/1/21
This is a three (3) years contract renewable on satisfactory performance.
- Be holders of Master’s degree in Procurement and Supplies Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Have served at the level of a Senior Procurement Officer II or equivalent for at least three (3) years in a large Government institution.
- Be conversant with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act and regulations
- Be of high integrity and able to supervise a large number of staff
- Be registered with Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- Be computer kiterate
Duties and Responsibilities
- In-charge of the Department
- Responsible for the Preparation of University’s Procurement Plan
- Responsible for Implementation and Enforcement of Public Procurement Act Regulation and Procedures
- Responsible for departmental Budgetary Preparation and Control
- Responsible for verification and Disposal of unserviceable Stores
- Responsible for staff Development and Training in the Department
- Responsible for the formulation of Strategic Plan of the Department
- Advisor to the University Management on Procurement and supplies
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the DVC (AFP)
How to Apply
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 and must attach the following:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA.
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans
- Clearance certificate from
- Self- Declaration of wealth by Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission EACC
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of applications giving details of age, education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicants’ telephone number and email address, and enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and give names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence and area of specialization. Applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned. The name and reference number of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:-
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (AF&P)
P.O. Box 1100-20300
NYAHURURU – KENYA
So as to reach him not later than 1st February, 2021
N.B. A soft copy of the application letter and C.V. only and No other attachment should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org