Senior Software Developer Job, Latest IT Jobs
Position: Senior Software Developer (USAID HealthIT PROJECT): UNES/HLIT/SSD/01/2021
Contract Terms: One-year Renewable
The Senior software developer will be tasked to support the lead software developer in operationalizing software blueprints by implementing software requirement specifications, review and optimization of software application code, design and review application logic, document systems and relevant manuals, and oversee application testing, deployment and system optimization. The senior developer will work closely with the lead developer, project stakeholders, other developers, and is a dedicated resource for implementing and deploying HIS systems. The senior developer will serve as a key software development team member who can translate Software requirements into a functional HIS system. In addition, the senior developer will be expected to facilitate capacity building.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain stakeholder engagements and relations at the technical level
- Manage as the output lead of a set of key information systems
- Supervise the software developers
- Mentor the software developers under his/her supervision
- Breakdown work plans into granular and achievable targets for software developers
- Appraise the software developers
- Identify skill gaps within the developer team and recommend capacity targeted capacity
- Utilize established development, frameworks, tools, guidelines and conventions to develop, test and deploy HIS systems
- Review existing applications, identify and document user needs, review implementation frameworks, prepare operational plans and identify modules for modification and improvement
- Ensure availability, accessibility and reliability of HIS by identifying and correcting software defects and bugs.
- Provide technical support to the team and to contribute to HIS systems integration.
- Contribute to the knowledgebase of various HIS and share skills with the developer team members.
- Develop, review and maintain up to date System documentation
- Engage users and the technology team in eliciting and prioritizing system change and configuration management
- Continuously review systems security implementation and institute enhancements
- Provide insight regarding usability and user experience to guide system development
- Undertake additional task that will be allocated to you by your supervisor
- Contribute to budget development and operational plan tracking
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the project
- Responsible for utility assets such as software licenses
- Degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent
- At least 3 years work experience with at least 1.5 years in a reputable firm
- Expert knowledge of DHIS2 customization and implementation
- Extensive experience with Java and Python programming languages couple with practical experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Demonstrate proficiency in modern software development frameworks or methodologies such as RAD, JAD and DSDM.
- Expert knowledge of relational database management systems and no-SQL databases
- Good understanding of USG rules and regulations
- Excellent software development skills
- Good Planner and organizer
- Good team leader and team player
- Excellent, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
How to apply
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees with their contacts.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download here [ Word ] or [ pdf ]) fully filled and signed
- Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
- All applications to reach the undersigned on or before January 26, 2021 strictly via the following email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard Copies will not be accepted.
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
UNES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY