Wraehouse Manager Job, Current Logistics Jobs,
Vacancy: Warehouse Manager. Unit: Smart Brands
Job Posting:21/01/2021 Start date: Immediate.
We are looking to recruit a Warehouse Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the warehouse and the promotion of sales in the area. He/she must liaise with customers and prospective customers to ensure that their needs are met and that a high-quality service is maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan the arrangement of goods within the warehouse and organize special requirements for certain stock. i.e. fragile
- Keeping stock control systems up to date and planning future capacity requirements
- Checking and verifying shipping records; handling questions or concerns of shipping shortages or overages and addressing problems with inventory control
- Drive stock taking activities in conjunction with the accounts department as required in the support of outlined guidelines and procedures
- Establishing and maintaining a stock inventory management system
- Ensuring documentation and reporting losses and damages
- Develop controls to minimize losses from spoilage and theft to prevent stock out or overstocking.
- Ensure resources are applying proper handling procedures during loading and storage of freight received.
- Monitor all receiving practices to ensure that procedures are followed and that all freight can be accounted
- Ensuring warehouse is clean, the products are dust free and FIFO is in place
- Determining transport requirements and organizing distribution plans
- Ensure fast turnaround of trucks during receipt and dispatch
- Ensuring accountabilities for all inventories during the distribution process from the warehouse to the planned destination
- Coordinating distribution plan effectively to ensure effective and timely release/dispatch of goods to customers.
- Developing vehicle usage plans for distribution and daily
- Allocating vehicles for distribution and ensuring responsible driver complete daily mileage log for respective
- Follow all SOPS in the warehouse department to the
Required skills and Competencies
- At least 3 years’ experience in warehousing, logistics and/or Supply Chain services preferably for a FMCG
- Professional qualifications in Logistics/Supply Chain will be a key requirement
- Knowledge and expertise in warehousing and logistics
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn and make systematic improvements to current processes
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and focus on task completion
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS office applications
- Experience working with an ERP will be an added advantage
How To Apply
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com.
The application deadline is 25th January 2021.