Supply Chain Manager, Latest Supply Chain Jobs, Current Procurement Jobs,
MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT, EBK GRADE 3
REF: EBK/HR & ADM/RT/030/VOL I (201)
The Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) is a State Corporation established under Section 3 (1) of the Engineers Act 2011. The Board has the overall mandate of developing and regulating engineering practice in Kenya. The development and regulation of engineering practice is considered a key component to the achievement of infrastructure foundation under the Country’s Vision 2030 development blueprint and the Big Four Agenda.
The Board is seeking a suitably qualified, dynamic and energetic individual of high degree of integrity and professionalism to fill the Position of Manager, Supply Chain Management as follows:
The Manager, Supply Chain Management is responsible for the implementation of efficient and effective systems of acquisition of goods, works and services and disposal of assets as well as providing professional opinions to the Registrar/Chief Executive Officer.
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:-
- Oversees development and implementation of strategies and policies for acquisition of goods, works, services and disposal of assets;
- Oversees preparation of the Boards Annual Procurement Plans and Asset Disposal activities;
- Coordinate the maintenance of the Boards list of registered suppliers in accordance with the Public Procurement Asset and Disposal Act 2015 and other relevant statutory and legal frameworks;
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of planned stock levels that will meet forecast demand by monitoring stocks to identify changes and determining re-order levels;
- Coordination of internal monitoring and evaluation of procurement and supply function at the Board;
- Oversee development of strategies and policies for inventory management;
- Coordinate secretariat services in evaluation procurement committees and guidance on procurement matters;
- Coordinate the inspection and acceptance of goods and services delivered to the Board;
- Oversee contract management by user departments to ensure implementation of contracts in-accordance with terms and conditions;
- Advise on matters of procurement and inventory processes and strategies at the Board;
- Provide professional opinions on all procurement and disposal proceedings to the Registrar/Chief Executive Officer;
- Coordinate development and implementation of detailed Service Level Agreements for third party providers in liaison with user departments outlining the key performance areas critical to the Board;
- Oversee the execution of approved department work plans and budgets;
- Guide the setting of performance targets and evaluation within the Department;
- Coordinate sensitization of staff and other stakeholders on supply chain related issues;
- Oversee the development and implementation of the risk management framework for department; and
- Advise on the use of modern supply-chain systems for the Board.
- Coordinate identification, assessment and mitigation of risks within the department
- Oversee effective and seamless implementation of the performance management in the Directorate;
- Coordinate the preparation of contract documents for Goods, Services and Works;
- Coordinate the preparation of statutory reports to relevant government entities; and
- Coordinate the preparation of publishing tender adverts and tender awards.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been in a supervisory position in the public or private institution;
- Master Degree in Commerce, Procurement and Supplies Management ,Logistics or Equivalent qualification from a Recognized Institution;
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Procurement and Supplies Management ,Logistics or Equivalent qualification from a Recognized Institution;
- Diploma in purchase and supplies Management;
- Full member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies management /CIPS in good standing;
- Licensed Member with Kenya Institute of supplies Management; and
- Senior management course not lasting 4 weeks.
Key Competencies and skills
For consideration to the position, the candidate must demonstrate that they have:
- Organizational, analytical, managerial and decision-making skills
- Technical problem solving skills
- Appreciation and application of technology in the work environment
- Demonstrate experience in executive management, leadership in training with knowledge of trends in Supply-chain skills training and competencies
- Emotionally intelligent
- Good planner and organizer;
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good understanding of management in public sector;
- Proficiency in the use of computer application
- Change agent;
- Good counseling skills
- Initiative to achieve expected results
- Ability to work under pressure
- IT proficiency skills.
- uphold exemplary Corporate Governance in line with the Governments values and promote a robust performance-driven culture
- Highest level of integrity
TERMS OF SERVICE
The Manager, Supply Chain Management will serve on Permanent and Pensionable Terms of Service.
An attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package awaits the successful applicant.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya and will therefore be required to provide the following documents;
- Clearance certificates from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
- Valid Tax Compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations ;
- Clearance certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to log onto the Boards recruitment portal via https://ebk.or.ke /career-opportunities and must complete the registration and submit the same as well as attach the following documents;
- Cover Letter
- Detailed CVs (giving current contact details of three (3) referees),
- Copies of all academic and professional certificates, copies of testimonials, details of current position, current remuneration
- Copy of National Identification Card or Passport.
All applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered. No Hard Copy Application will be accepted.
All applications must be received not later than 27th January, 2021 at 1700 Hours and the cover letter should be addressed to;
ENGINEERS BOARD OF KENYA,
P. O. Box 30324-00100 NAIROBI.
The Board is an equal-opportunity employer in keeping with its obligations under constitution of Kenya 2010 particularly Articles 10, 27(4) and 232. The Board therefore encourages qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race,culture, religion, marital status or disability to apply.