Driver Jobs, Latest Driver Jobs,
Job Title: Driver
Department: HR & Administration
Reports to: Programme Manager- KKCF
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Kakuma, Turkana County
The Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (AECF) is a leading development finance organization that supports businesses to innovate, create jobs and leverage investments in order to create resilience and sustainable incomes in rural and marginalized communities in Africa. Launched in 2008, AECF has invested in 292 businesses across more than 40 value chains and 26 countries in sub-Saharan Africa. We focus specifically on agribusiness, renewable energy, and climate technologies, while also addressing the cross-cutting themes of gender, youth, and fragile contexts.
In just over a decade, we have impacted more than 27.7 million lives, created close to 24,000 jobs, and leveraged over US $740 million in matching funds.
AECF is headquartered in Kenya, with offices in Côte d’Ivoire and Tanzania.
About Kakuma Kalobeyei Challenge Fund (KKCF)
AECF is the implementing partner of IFC for KKCF, a competitive financing mechanism for disbursing donor funding to incentivise for-profit companies, social enterprises, and local and refugee entrepreneurs to start or scale existing operations in the Kakuma-Kalobeyei area, in Northern Kenya. IFC and AECF are keen to ensure efficient management of social environment and governance risks for the KKCF programme and across AECF.
The role holder will be responsible for driving authorised personnel, delivery, and collection services. You will safely operate vehicles, observing the Kenyan Highway Code and organization’s policies on driving at all times, to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming. You will ensure the safety and security of all passengers, pedestrians, other drivers and the vehicles.
- Transport staff to their official destinations, handle office pick-ups and deliver documents to partners.
- Plan ahead to meet anticipated travel requirements and make all arrangements for ensuring efficient services (fueling, pre-travel checks, required travel documents, required equipment, spare parts, and tools, vehicle cleaning, persons traveling for packing instructions and timings).
- Ensure logbook is maintained in the vehicle detailing trips, fuel and service bookings daily.
- Always ensure the safety of the vehicle and maintain cleanliness of the assigned vehicle.
- Monitor repairs and maintenance needs of the vehicle assigned and report such needs and other concerns, incidents or accidents or defects of the vehicle to the supervisor.
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to as far as safety, security and vehicle maintenance and carrying of unauthorised passengers or goods are concerned.
- Ensure all necessary documentations e.g., licenses, insurance, inspection, and others for the vehicle are always valid and advise the supervisor about renewals of vehicle documents before they expire.
- Responsible for fuel requisition for the vehicle and for keying in all fuel used for the day and analysing the consumption on daily basis by recording of starting and closing mileages.
- Ensures that the steps required by AECF policies/rules and traffic regulations are taken in case of accident.
- Deals effectively and tactfully with officials and visitors.
- Report immediately any accidents and/or route changes due to security, bad weather, road condition.
- Any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the program manager.
- Minimum secondary school education.
- Valid B-C-E (Clean driving License).
- Certificate of good conduct
- Defensive driving skills and first aid skills are added advantage.
- 5 years of long-distance and off-road driving experience
- Knowledge and experience in vehicle maintenance and repairs
- Good communication skills with fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Strong knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies and local roads and conditions
- Over two years driving experience with a safe driving record and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment.
- Work experience in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work for long hours with minimal supervision.
- Good team player
How to apply
The AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The AECF considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Applicants from local community are highly encouraged.
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role Register & Apply on https://recruitment.aecfafrica.org. To be considered, your application must be received by 1 March 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information, please visit www.aecfafrica.org