Project Assistant Nutritionist Job, Nutrition February 2021
Job title: Project Assistant Nutritionist
Job grade: Grade B2
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Department/program/project: Global Fund TB project
Physical location: Nairobi (Kenya County Office)
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is for lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. For more on Amref Health Africa please visit www.amref.org
Amref has been a Principal Recipient (PR) for Non-state actors for Global Fund Tuberculosis Grant since the year 2011. The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) through the January 2018 – June 2021 funding cycle is supporting the country to implement high-impact initiatives that will maximise investments to make an even greater contribution towards the vision of a world free of tuberculosis. This funding is supporting, among others, community -based tuberculosis prevention and control interventions across all counties in Kenya through sub granting eleven (36) Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and various TB/HIV activities implemented by PR across the prioritized counties.
The purpose of this role is to plan, coordinate, monitor and report on the implementation of project activities (With emphasis on nutrition activities) while providing technical expertise and capacity building to Sub Recipients. The project assistant is also responsible for the interns including reviewing their performances.
- Ensure close coordination National Tuberculosis (TB) Programme, and other stakeholders to ensure Amref Health Africa Global Fund Tuberculosis project activities are well aligned with national strategies.
- In collaboration with other stakeholders, ensure development of an effective nutrition monitoring and evaluation system at national to household/community level.
- Coordinate execution of nutritional support activities within the project in collaboration with National TB programme and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure strict adherence to eligibility criteria through regular monitoring and analysis of anthropometric data from TB clinics.
- Ensure effective management of requisitions, storage and distribution of food supplements to TB clinics.
- Ensure documentation of nutrition supplementation process, impact to the beneficiaries and success stories.
- Carry out sector specific programme database maintenance and reporting on nutritional activities and provide technical input in the review of sub recipients monthly, quarterly and annual reports and uploading the same in the Grant management Information System (GMIS).
- Bachelors Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or its equivalent Registered with relevant professional body
- At least four (4) years of relevant hands on experience in managing community based nutrition programs preferably in the TB and HIV/AIDS field
- Must be ICT proficient
- Excellent planning and t Coordination skills
- Monitoring & Evaluation skills
- report writing & documentation skills
- Team player
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (written & oral)
- High levels of integrity
- Negotiation skills
- Detail oriented
How to apply
Interested? Please visit our website www.amref.org to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account successfully in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Please note that you will receive an email confirmation for creation of account and an acknowledgment email upon submitting your application. Deadline for submission: 5 March 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.