Environmental, Social & Governance/ Occupational Health & Safety (ESG/OHS) Officer Job, Latest Health & Safety Jobs,
Glacier Products Ltd is a private company specializing in Ice creams, food related products and chocolates confectionery manufacture operating from Nairobi, Kenya and serving the entire East Africa Region.
To support the implementation of our business strategies we are looking for a qualified and experienced individual to join our dynamic team in the position of an ESG/OHS Officer.
Ensuring a safe workplace for staff at Glacier Products Ltd and that the company is compliant to the environmental and social governance requirements of the international finance corporation and related international standards such as the ILO.
- Conduct ESG and occupational health and safety risk assessments at all operations in collaboration with relevant staff, develop a risk register, and monitor implementation of mitigation.
- Developing overarching policies and procedures as part of company Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS) and occupational health and safety.
- Review and help align/update procedures and systems for the head office and the branch offices
- Coordinate and support the implementation of the above by way of an Environmental and Social Action Plan (ESAP), track progress, and update with the actions.
- Develop and implement a system to monitor and coordinate ESG and OHS data collection and aggregate data from the head office and each branch office
- Conduct accident investigations in liaison with safety committee members in accordance to the requirements of DOSH
- Organizing and spearheading safety meetings in accordance to OHS requirements
- Organizing for fire drills and maintenance of the first aid kits in the head office and the branches.
- Ensure all permits and licenses for the head office and all branches are up to date.
- Support in getting permits and licenses for all the operations
- Provide training in international environmental, social and H&S performance standards, as well as occupational health requirements.
- Lead internal and external environmental and social audits as well as occupational health and safety audits.
- Coordinate positive environmental, labour, socio-economic benefits including a CSR plan linked to company operations and the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and implementation of this plan.
- Annual budgeting for above activities in collaboration with the branch managers and the production manager
The Candidate Profile
- University degree: Preferably in Occupational Health and Safety or related discipline
- Computer literate-working knowledge of MS-Office applications
- Two years’ experience handling environment, occupational health and safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good judgment and decision making skills
How to apply:
Instructed candidates are invited to send their applications and detailed CV indicating the current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 20th February, 2021. Those who shall not have heard from us by 7th March, 2021 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Glacier Products is an equal opportunity employer.