DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
DCA is seeking to recruit a dynamic and proactive Kenyan National for the following position: MEAL Asistant – Ajira Poa! Project. The position is based in Nakuru County, and reports to the Programme Officer – Design, Monitoring, Evaluation & Partnerships (DMEP).
The main responsibilities of the MEAL Assistant:
- Lead the development of systems and processes for the implementation of the project MEAL frameworks. Support efforts. to build the capacity of project staff, partners and other relevant stakeholders on implementation of MEAL actions.
- Maintain an updated Indicator Performance Tracker (IPT) for all DCA projects in areas of jurisdiction. Including maintanance of an agile and accessible secure physical and digital filing system and project database.
- Lead the documentation of project results, impact, best practices and significant changes. Document learning and best practices; disseminate learnings, reports, publications and participate in learning sessions, and ensuring that the lessons learnt are utilized to inform programming and advocacy.
- Using advanced quantitative and qualitative analysis methods generate datasets, assessments, and reports analysis to support project staff in generating high quality reports for various audiences.
- Ensure that each of DCA’s projects has a functional complaint and feedback handling system.
- Collect and manage complaints and feedback in close coordination with Project team. Track timeliness of response to complaints and maintain an updated project complaints tracker.
· Required: technical level education in Statistics, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Project Management or other relevant field required. Master’s Degree preferred. Desired: experience with data management visualization software; certification in project management or MEAL related technical course.
· A minimum of three years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably with INGOs.
· Experience in Digital Data Collection software such as Kobo, ODK, Magpi, Commcare etc.
· Strong skills in data analysis, both qualitative and quantitative data analysis with software such as MS-Excel, R, Stata, NVIVO and other data management software.
· Demonstrated ability in community mobilisation and community-level dialogue.
· Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work both in an advisory and a hands on implementation capacity.
· Self-motivation, creativity and an ability to perform without close supervision.
· Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
How to Apply
For more details on the position and application, please log on to the link below: