Principal Research And Development Officer Job, Latest County Government Jobs,
Position: Principal Research And Development Officer – Job Group CPSB 06 (1 POST)
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 56,370×2,170 – 59,120×2,550 – 62,040×3,080 – 65,120×3,440 – 68,560×3,590
– 72,150×3,790 – 75,940×3,800 – 79,740×3,810 – 83,550×3,810 – 87,360 p.m.
Terms Of Service: Three (3) years contract renewable subject to performance
The officer shall report to the Head of Economic Planning and Investments. The officer shall be in-charge of collecting, and analyzing data to inform desired change in the county. Specific duties will entail: –
- Formulate economic and statisticalpolicies;
- Initiate, implement and appraise national, rural or urban development strategies andprojects;
- Perform the role of a planning division at the headquarters or a Central Planning and Project Monitoring Division in a Ministry, and/or deputizing a County Planning Officer in a County planning and Project MonitoringUnit;
- Analyze and interpret statistical data in order to identify significant differences in relationships among sources ofinformation;
- Apply sampling techniques or utilize complete enumeration bases in order to determine and define groups to besurveyed;
- Develop and test experimental designs, sampling techniques, and analyticalmethods;
- Adapt statistical methods in order to solve specific problems in all county sectors;and
- Apply sampling techniques or utilize complete enumeration bases in order to determine and define groups to be
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
For Appointment to this grade, one must:-
- Be a Kenyancitizen;
- Have served in Job Group ‘M’ or in a comparable position in the public or private Sector for at least three years;
- Demonstrated administrative and professional competence in executing work at thislevel;
- Have Bachelor’s degree in Economics, or Economics and Mathematics, or Economics andStatistics from a recognized University;
- Demonstrate professional competence and managerial capability as reflected inwork performance and results; and
- A Strategic Management course not lasting less than four (4) weeks from an institution recognized in
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity
- Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce certified copies of originals of their National Identity Card, academic, professional certificates and transcripts during interviews
How to apply
Applicants should click on “Our Job Offers” Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the application form and submit ONLINE on or before Wednesday, 24th February, 2021 at 11.59 P.M.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email email@example.com will be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board DOES NOT use agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are email address firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number 0713852573 ONLY