Communication Assistant Job, Current Communication Jobs,
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy relevant multidisciplinary research. Our research addresses important development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization and wellbeing. Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policy makers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions, and improve the quality of life in Africa.
APHRC is looking for a Communications Assistant who is creative, organized, highly motivated, results-oriented, and a great communicator to join a dynamic team and help bring lasting evidence-based change in Africa. The incumbent will contribute to knowledge translation and policy engagement efforts in collaboration with researchers and the Policy Engagement and Communications team. S/he will report to the Communications Manager-Synergy Unit and will be based in Nairobi with frequent travel, COVID-19 allowing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in implementing communications strategies focusing on bringing research evidence to decision-makers
- Assist in developing strategic relationships with critical national and international media to ensure comprehensive coverage of the APHRC research (local and international radio, television, print, and online)
- Assist in developing press and communication materials for media events using key research study findings
- Assist in researching, writing, and editing in-house publications, including blogs, articles, report summaries, case studies, and human-interest stories
- Assist in producing and disseminating communication materials, including brochures, posters, infographics, audio-visuals, and policy documents
- Assist in organizing events for journalists to sensitize and create awareness on APHRC’s research
- Assist in procurement of outsourced communications related services such as graphic design and videography
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Communications Manager.
- A first degree in Communications, Journalism, Film Production, Public Relations, Development Communications, or related field
- At least three (3) years of post-qualification work experience in communication, writing and content creation, public relations, and media relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently in mobilizing media coverage and producing quality communication material
- Networking, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills coupled with resourcefulness and initiative
- Experience in graphic design and audio-visual production is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Communications Assistant by March 12,2021. APHRC will contact the shortlisted candidates only. Applications should be should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P.O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi