NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Software Engineer Job, Latest IT Jobs,
Position: Software Engineer
Apollo Agriculture is seeking a Software Engineer to help us change how African farmers access credit, customized advice, and farm inputs at radical scale. We are looking for someone with a strong understanding of computer science, excellent software engineering fundamentals and a genuine desire to grow. We’re looking for a person who can not only own a project and drive it to completion but who can also grow into being a leader at our company.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for contributing to our core software systems, with a particular focus on our Android applications. We use android applications throughout our operations, including for our field agents who are enrolling our farmers and through our network of agrodealers who help us distribute our products.
This position reports to the Head of Engineering.
- Strong understanding of computer science and excellent software engineering fundamentals.
- A strong commitment to learning whatever is required to get the job done. We don’t expect you to know everything, but we expect you to be able to learn what you need to on the job.
- Experience developing software with a team. You should be able to use `git rebase` comfortably and see the benefits of testable code.
- Deep experience and comfort with building Android applications, Kotlin, the library ecosystem, and the build and deployment models.
- Comfort building backends in at least one language. You don’t have to be an expert with the backend, but we expect you to be comfortable changing our APIs to ship the features you need.
- Deep desire to work delivering credit and advice to smallholder farmers with all of the challenges that entails. While we don’t expect every hire to start with experience working with smallholder farmers, we expect every hire to go on field trips and to develop a deep working understanding of the lives of our customers.
- Bonus: Comfort building user interfaces that are highly user friendly and have well thought out designs.
- Bonus: Comfort with functional programming languages.
How to apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It's Free.