Internal Auditor Job, Current Audit Job,
Responsible for managing subsidiary and shared services audit by providing independent, objective assurance and consultancy services in order to improve its overall operations, with specific emphasis on the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
- Assess key risks and preparation of audit work plans;
- Evaluate subsidiary management’s processes of identifying and responding to business and financial risks;
- Plan and monitor the execution of audit assignments for subsidiaries and support functions;
- Advise subsidiary management (by way of reports) on areas in need of attention;
- Prepare board papers for discussion with Subsidiary Board Audit and Risk Committees;
- Monitor and report on critical internal control and risk management issues to Subsidiary Board Audit and Risk Committees;
- Record minutes of Board Audit and Risk Committee meetings for all subsidiaries;
- Monitor the testing of the implementation of Board Audit and Risk recommendations and report back to the Board; and
- Liaise with external auditors and other regulators to highlight areas of key risks.
- Develop the annual audit work plan that reflects the institution’s highest risks that will be monitored by the
- audit function as determined by conducting a mandatory annual risk assessment using an enterprise wide approach;
- Coordinate internal auditing activities and plans with other internal and external providers of assurance and consulting activities to ensure proper coverage and minimize duplication of effort
- Ensure timely completion of internal auditing engagements and reports are provided to the Audit & Risk
- Committee with minimum delay;
- Independently investigate and act on matters related to compliance, including the flexibility to design and
- coordinate internal investigations;
- Practice and promote a culture of high quality standards, integrity and ethics across the Company.
- Train and coach other department members;
- Conduct performance appraisals for direct reports;
- Participate in budget preparation for the department;
- Communicate board and top management strategy and decisions to department members; and
- Resource allocation, staffing and mentoring of department members.
- Be a holder of a business related Bachelor’s degree gained from a recognized institution. A Post Graduate Qualification in a business related field will be an added advantage.
- CPA (K)/ ACCA.
- Possess relevant professional qualification(s) such as CPA or ACCA or CIA or CISA;
- Be a member in good standing of a recognized professional body e.g. ICPAK; ACCA;
- Have thorough understanding of financial management, regulatory compliance, board reporting, as well as demonstrable commercial and investment acumen;
- Minimum eight (8) years relevant experience in a similar position, three (3) of which at supervisory level.
Skills and Attributes
- Financial analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
- Understanding of the working environment /competitors
- Technical competence in insurance
- Basic knowledge of regulations by AKI and IRA
How to Apply
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly send your resume to the address below indicating on the subject of your email the job title.
Strictly apply through https://cic.co.ke/job-application/clearly indicating the position being applied for. E.g. Senior Internal Audit Manager
The application should reach us by close of business on 31st March 2021. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.