Critical Care Nurse Job, Latest Nursing Jobs,
Pursuit to the county Government Act 2012, section 59 (1) (a) and (b) the County Public Service Board of Marsabit wishes to recruit competent and qualified citizens to fill the following vacant positions in the underlisted County departments of Health Services, Lands, Energy & Physical Planning, Tourism, Culture & Social Service, Trade, Industry and Enterprise Development and Public Administration, Coordination and ICT.
CPSBM01/12/03/2021: Critical Care Nurse -Job Group H (4 Posts)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- Cleaning and bandaging patient
- Track life support equipment like heart monitors.
- Infuse blood products and monitor patients for a
- Identify patients need according to age and level of consciousness and they create a care plan to make the health better
- Administer care to seriously ill patients.
- Administer medications intravenously, by injection, orally, through gastric tubes, or by other
- Provide advanced nursing care and provide post-mortem care for patients in critical or coronary care
- Advocate for patients’ and families’ needs, or provide emotional support for patients and their
- Set up and monitor medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators and alarms, oxygen delivery devices, transducers, and pressure lines
- Monitor patients’ fluid intake and output to detect emerging problems such as fluid and electrolyte
- Monitor patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
- Identify patients who are at risk and prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified
- Assist physicians with procedures such as bronchoscopy, endoscopy, endotracheal intubation, and elective cardio version.
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Higher Diploma in Critical Care Nursing or its equivalent
- Three (3) years’ experience as a critical/intensive care nurse
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya
- Current Registration as a critical/ intensive care nurse
- Must satisfy the requirement of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya
How to Apply
Interested applicant who meet the above qualifications should download prescribed application form from our website www.marsabitcpsb.go.ke and submit dully filled form together with cover letter, updated curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and identification card (ID) by hand delivery to the address below:
The Acting Secretary/CEO
County Public Service Board of Marsabit
P.O. Box 110 – 60500
All applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below:
- Kenya Revenue authority (Tax compliance certificate)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of good conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
All the applications should reach the office of the Secretary/CEO, County Public Service Board of Marsabit, on or before close of business Friday 2nd April 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification, it is an offence to produce and /or present fake certificates/documents.
Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other marginalized/Minorities who meet the requirement of the advertised posts are encouraged to apply.
‘The County Government of Marsabit is an equal opportunity employer’