Pharmacist Job, Latest Medical Jobs,
Title: Pharmacist– Nairobi,
Reporting to: Clinical operations manager,
Gross Salary: Competitive
Our client, is a well-established level 4 private hospital operating on a 24/7 basis. They offer ICU medical care, HDU, Dialysis, Dental Care, Pain free Maternity and Pharmaceutical services. They also offer Technologically driven laboratory tests, Imaging services and a State of the art theatre equipped with cutting age technology and Service Specialist clinics. They seek to hire a Pharmacist who will be responsible for accurate dispensing, patient counselling and proper handling of pharmaceutical supplies for all orders and to provide effective pharmaceutical services to meet customer needs.
- Processing and dispensing prescriptions, treatment sheets and medication orders correctly and accurately.
- Giving accurate drug information to all doctors, nurses, patients and other user departments.
- Following the laid down security and safety systems and procedures in all transactions including not sharing computer log-in and password with other staff.
- Participating in the drug stocking process i.e. stock requisition, reception from stores, prompt shelving and keeping a tight control of pharmacy stock items.
- Following up to conclusion all stock issues requiring attention such as the pricing of drugs, patient credits, replacement of damaged or expired stocks.
- Participating in stock takes and actively take part in stock variance reconciliation.
- Checking the expiry dates of medicines, making sure that the short expiry drugs are tagged and returned back to the store in compliance with the Short Expiry Drug Policy
- Carrying out quarterly medicine storage areas inspection in all theatres, critical care areas and crash carts.
- Participating in the formulation and implementation of hospital policies on drug use, pharmacy standard operating procedures and work instructions.