The graphic designer will support Finserve Africa by creation of memorable images, high-quality designs and key visuals that will help convey messages to our audiences. The talent will be working with the Finserve marketing and communications team (within the context of a corporate environment) helping to interpret the needs of business units through executions steered by creative briefs.
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for review and approval.
- Incorporate changes recommended by the Finserve communications and business owners into the final designs.
- Meet with business owners and/or the Finserve communications team to determine the scope of a project and decipher a brief for easier execution.
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, websites and marketing media assets required by using and operating necessary equipment and software.
- Creating designs as per approved brand guidelines and keeping to agreed timelines.
- Proactively research and critically analyze media content from other leading and interesting brands relevant to Finserve. The talent should then use this to help continually improve designs and approach to designs.
- Work flexibly according to the needs of the marketing and communications department based on projects queued in the calendar.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a graphic designer or in related field.
- Proficiency with required PC or Macintosh publishing tools, including Photoshop and Adobe illustrator.
- Excellent communication skills, especially written: ability to convey ideas in a clear and concise way
- A strong eye for visual composition.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- A good understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, and multimedia design.
- Imaginative and forward thinking: open minded and agile in media and content perspectives
- Tech savvy and up to date on social and digital trends.
Role must be occupied by someone who is enthusiastic, friendly, and honest, communicates with the value of transparency and is a no-ego doer.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, submit your application, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials quoting the job you are applying for on the subject. Also attach a cover letter and include a link to creative work you have done recently.