Farm Manager Job, Current Agricultural Jobs,
Job title: Farm Manager – Isinya
Reports to: Director
Client: 15 Acre Vegetables Farm in Isinya
Net Salary: Kshs.35,000
Develop and implement operational efficiency measures and be responsible in making a business case for the farm.
Our client a large-scale/commercial vegetable (Tomatoes, French beans, Cabbage, Kales, Spinach etc.) farm located in Isinya.
Key Responsibilities of the Farm Manager
- Managing all on-farm activities to include planning of all seeding, nursery, growing and harvesting, sorting, packaging, pruning, pest control, record keeping.
- Maintaining the standards of health and safety as per G.A.P.
- In charge of overall welfare of the plants in order to meet the 90% yield quota.
- Assign duties, such as cultivation, irrigation, harvesting, pruning, packaging, grading and equipment maintenance.
- Efficient utilization of farm labour to avoid high wage bill, and cutting down on unnecessary farm costs.
- Stock-taking of farm Inputs and know when re-order levels are due.
- Implement a farm records management system, and timely updates to management on progress status.
- Embrace innovative ways to farming, advising on best practice.
- Post-harvest processing including storage and packaging in preparation of sale.
- Implement farm safety procedures at all times.
Qualifications of the Farm Manager
- Certificate/Diploma in agricultural economics, agronomy, agribusiness and another related field.
- Must have at least Three (2) years’ experience in a commercial farm environment, managing farm assets and farm labour.
- Deep knowledge of agrochemicals and the permissible residue levels for various markets.
- Must be conversant with greenhouse and open field farming technology.
How to Apply
Qualified & Interested candidates should send their application along with detailed CV indicating their daytime contact details to email@example.com by Tuesday 9th March 2021.
The subject of the email should be Farm Manager – Isinya.