Assistant Manager,Credit Collection Job, Banking Jobs March,
REF:AMCC/2/2021–ASSISTANT MANAGER-CREDIT COLLECTION
The job holder will be responsible for monitoring, reviewing and reporting of credit risk for the Bank’s loan portfolio as well as supervising staff within the Collections section
- The Incumbent will report to the Senior Manager-Credit Risk and will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the performance of loans and advances and preparing and analyzing portfolio performance reports;
- Supervising and managing the team, following up with Business Units on loan arrears and excesses and performing call backs for system maintenances.
- Supervising staff within the collection unit include Training, creating work schedules, reviewing various monitoring reports, overseeing management and maintenance of Flow rates for both Normal and Watch accounts
- Loss Minimization -Responsible for minimizing financial losses and researching, developing and implementing collection procedures that reduce the amount of delinquencies
- Familiarity and active monitoring of Bank’s collection module and team engagement on action plans and feedback.
- Liaising directly with clients, third parties and colleagues in departments to maximise collections performance whilst also ensuring good client outcomes
- Providing technical and strategic advice about debt collection services and procedures, both externally and internally
- Having an appropriate level of knowledge of all clients’ business, background and circumstances and fully understanding of the client requirements.
- Providing regular Collection trends and achievement reports. Reviewing periodic reports presented to various committees.
- Regular meetings with Segment Heads on Portfolio Management
- Active feedback on various monitoring tools such as the Early Warning system model
- Reviewing and sign off of various client communication
- Masters of Business Administration degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage; and
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field from a recognized Institution.
- Member of Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) or its equivalent professional body.
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in Collections.
- Ability to write complex letters, comprehensive reports and to perform complex calculations.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Good time management and people management skills;
- Knowledge of high volume collections, credit authorization and collection procedures and practices
- Exceptional customer service and experienced leadership skills
- High attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Basic banking and fair knowledge of prudential guidelines
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements log onto our website www.imbank.com and click on careers and apply for the position. Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 9th March 2021. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application