SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
pen to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Human Resources Clerk
Vacancy Number: SVN/IOMSO/004/2021
Duty Station : Nairobi, Kenya
Classification : General Service, Grade G-3
Type of Appointment : Short term, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 14 March, 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental,
intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Under the overall supervision of HRO/Head of HR Unit and direct supervision of HR Officer, the incumbent will provide assistance in human resources activities for Mission Somalia.
- S/he will be working in close coordination with all RMU and projects/operational units, and other staffs in the mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in the recruitment process in Mission in various stages,including assist carrying out reference checks for short-listed candidates,arrange orientation session for new incoming staff, and assist coordinating e-mail creation of new staff.
- Keep record of activities performed by HR unit in coordination with HR team. Create and maintain personnel files (contracts, Personnel Actions (PAs), personal data, supporting documents, etc.) of staffing in Nairobi and Somalia including of non-staff (consultants, interns, casual work, and Third Party Contract). Maintain unit filing system electronically and physically, ensure files are updated. Keep the confidentiality of all data/records and ensure safe custody of all files.
- Coordinate on casual contract (hourly and daily rate) for all units from review the request and documents, issuance of contract, maintain database updates, up to necessary separation process.
- Follow up Mission’s compliance on mandatory trainings, maintain the database record and updating the certificates in each personnel files (softcopy/hardcopy). Provide logistic support and assistance in arranging staff training and learning events in Mission and maintain the record.
- Assist arrangement for Internship in Mission from recruitment, contract issuance, record keeping, coordinate monthly stipend, attendance record, up to separation process.
- Assist HR team in maintaining and updating Staff Database and Organigrammes.
- Assist following up with staff on any compulsory documents or any other important information needed from staff in the unit.
- Computation of payments and prepare payment request as needed in HR unit.
- Draft letters for UN ID issuance and for other purposes as required.
- Undertake all other duties as may be assigned.
• Fluency in English both written and spoken is required.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in economy management, Human Resources or Business Administration, with one year of relevant working experience, or
• Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience
• Prior work experience in a busy HR office in a similar capacity.
• Good knowledge of Human Resources or Management.
• Familiarity with UN and IOM working environment is a distinct advantage
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Power Point; Good knowledge of information technology;
• Must be well organized, mature individual, able to work independently, paying attention to detail and meets deadlines;
• Must have excellent communication skills; writing skill;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
• Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision;
• Strong interpersonal skill and ability to work as part of a diverse team; • Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new, different environments.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
From 01.03.2021 to 14.03.2021