SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Senior Project Assistant (M&E and IM)
Vacancy Number: SVN/IOMSO/006/2021
Duty Station : Nairobi, Kenya.
Classification : General Service, Grade G-6
Type of Appointment : Short term, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 31 March, 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall coordination of the Head of Operations and Humanitarian Response, and under the direct supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and Visibility Officer (Preparedness and Response Division), the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for assisting PRD’s M&E, data management and visibility needs. This will include five sectoral units under PRD, which are Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Migration Health
Division (MHD), Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM), Shelter and Non-Food Items (S/NFI) and Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM). In particular, the successful candidate will be assisting field-level coordination of PRD’s monitoring exercises, including data collection, capacity building of field staff and enumerators, and field visits. The candidate will also be expected to support as needed the cleaning, analysis and reporting of the data collected. The candidate will also support PRD’s communications and visibility activities, including conducting and translating interviews and field visits. The position will include frequent travel to Somalia on field missions
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in development and translation of tools, methodologies and surveys for PRD’s data collection and monitoring exercises, including but not limited to Post-Distribution Monitoring (PDM), needs assessments, market assessments, weekly & monthly reporting templates, satisfaction surveys, Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) and Key Informant Interviews (KIIs).
- Lead field-level coordination of data collection activities through site visits and real-time data submission monitoring, as well as coordination with field staff and enumerators. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Assist in producing regular, high quality unit updates, sitreps, external reports, factsheets, case studies, briefs, lessons learnt, and success stories as required, and ensure timely dissemination of products.
- Assist in creating databases, dashboards, and other information systems that visualize PRD’s project activities, indicators, and frameworks.
- Process data collected in forms of charts, graphs, maps and reports.
- Monitor exercises for Cash-Based Interventions, in particular in using online platforms for commodity, vendor and beneficiary management databases.
- Support PRD’s visibility and communications activities, including but not limited to design of banners, stickers and signboards to ensure visibility for IOM and its partners; field visits to conduct interviews, take photographs and videos, and to translate the materials; to draft social media postings based on the information provided by the field teams; to draft and edit stories and articles on key PRD activities.
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned, based on needs.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in communications, design, statistics, data science, etc / or degree in international development or similar social science subjects with at least 4 years of relevant experience in design, data management, and/or monitoring & evaluation.
• High School degree/Certificate in the above fields with six years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional experience or knowledge in working in humanitarian or development contexts in Somalia or other conflict settings;
• Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in emergency or conflict settings;
• Proficiency in excel for data collection, management, analysis and visualization;
• Proficiency in GIS software, such as QGIS or ARCGIS, is an advantage;
• Proficiency in business intelligence (BI) software, such as Power BI, Tableau or Qlick Sense, is an advantage;
• Proficiency in graphics and publishing software such as Adobe InDesign and Illustrator, is an advantage;
• Proficiency in statistical software, such as R and STATA, is an advantage..
• Fluency in English and Somali both written and spoken is required.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
From 18.03.2021 to 31.03.2021