Senior Market Risk Analyst Job, Latest Banking Jobs,
The Market Risk Unit is a key unit that supports the Treasury functions across the Group in their day to day duties of optimizing on shareholder wealth within Bank approved risk appetite in line with the Group strategy in force.
The Group maintains an established Market Risk Framework that guides the management of Market, Liquidity and Country Risk. Market Risk Department articulate standards for defining, measuring and communicating market, liquidity and country risk. This enables development of a common language and consistent framework for Market, Liquidity and Country Risk management across the KCB Group
- Analysis and reporting of Market, Liquidity and Country Risks
- Coordination, preparation, development of risk management reports to facilitate presentation to senior management, ALCO/EXCO for predictive analysis and decision making
- Review, development and implementation of Market, Liquidity Country Risk Policies and Limit Documents
- Contribute to enterprise wide risk management of the Bank for better understanding and action
- Daily, weekly, monthly and periodic reporting as applicable.
- Utilisation of statistical forecasting techniques to predict movements in market factors and use this information to develop meaningful scenarios and stress tests for scenario analysis and stress testing
- Development of new market risk initiatives
- Provide Market Risk support of the products traded in a treasury/derivative environment and the treasury processes (Treasury Front Office (TFO), Middle Office, Back Office, Risk)
- Development of risk versus return analysis for the respective Treasury products to obtain an optimal trading portfolio and risk-transfer strategies
- Preparation and analysis of IRRBB, Liquidity Gap and ICAAP reporting to senior management and CBK
- Preparation of statutory Liquidity Coverage (LCR) and Net Stable Funding (NSFR) ratios of the bank – Basel III reporting
- Preparation of Market Risk Board reports
- Coordination and preparation of monthly or adhoc ALCO and quarterly GALCO reports
- Preparation and analysis of business cases to support management decision making
- Proactively manage risks to avoid losses on crystalisation of adverse risk events – Early warning AND stress testing
- Business continuity planning and execution.
- Coordinate and participate in business partnership meetings
- Support TFO by participating in New Product roll outs and ensuring the necessary process infrastructure with focus on related risks
- Degree from a University recognized by CUE in preferably Statistics, Economics, Finance, Business, Mathematics or a relevant field.
- Professional qualification in either CPA / ACCA / CPA K or MBA or a Master’s degree is required
- ACI is an added advantage.
- 8 years of wide-ranging bank experience of which 5 years of middle management experience, in a Market Risk or Treasury unit of a Bank.
- Leadership competencies in Operational Decision making and Strategic Planning
- Good management skills including organizational, presentation & communication skills.
- Should have high quality interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to network
- Analytical skills and excellent flair for numbers.
- Demonstrated high integrity.
How to Apply
To be considered your application must be received by Monday, 12th April 2021.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.