Chef Job, Current Hotel Jobs,
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established in Kenya in 1979 through the Science and Technology (Repealed) Act, Cap 250 of the Laws of Kenya and as currently established and dully accredited to continue to operate as such under the Science Technology and Innovation Act, 2013 as the national body responsible for carrying out research in human health in Kenya. KEMRI’s vision is “to be a leading centre of excellence in human health research” and its mission is “to improve human health and quality of life through research, capacity building and service delivery”.
KEMRI seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced persons to fill the following position:-
CHEF, JOB GROUP KMR 8 (1 POSITION)
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- Responsible for the preparation and cooking of food and beverage;
- In-charge of all the function and activities in the kitchen
- Ensuring that standards recipes and procedures are followed in food production
- Responsible for adhering to Public Health regulations on cooking;
- Keeping records of food stuff and catering equipment, materials and supplies;
- Carrying out regular/routine checks to determine the functionality of the catering equipment
- Assist in care and maintenance of work service area, supplies and equipment
- At least eight (8) years relevant work experience;
- 1-year Certificate in Food and Beverage production and Service from a recognized
- 2-3 years Certificate in any of the following disciplines; Institutional Management; Basic Cookery, Catering institution; Hospitality Management; Technology in Hotel management Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized;
- Food Handlers Medical Certificate;
- Demonstrated professional competence and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Proficiency in computer application; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Consititution
Key Skills and Competencies
- Planning and organisational skills
- Communication and reporting skills
- Mentorship skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
How to Apply
Terms of Employment: Employment is for one (1) year contract, as per KEMRI Human Resource Policy and Procedures Manual with a probation period for the first three (3) months.
All the applications to be done through www.kemri.org on or before 5th April 2021 not later than 5.00 p.m.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted